PayPal and eBay

WendySS
Contributor
Contributor

When I purchase from eBay using PayPal should this transaction show on my PayPal account?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WendySS 

If you log into your paypal account during checkout then yes, if you pay as a guest buyer via your card and the sellers paypal card reader then no.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

WendySS
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry being a novice I don't actually understand. I bought three items on eBay from 3 different sellers. When it came up pay by card or PayPal I clicked PayPal. It then went to PayPal who sent me confirmation emails. Unfortunately I deleted  these when the items were received as I thought they would show up on my PayPal account. However they didn't. They then showed up on my card statement as PayPal purchases no mention of eBay just the sellers. Sometime sellers are shown by different names when it comes to payment so I didn't recognise them. There was no information as to what I had purchased apart from general headings which again meant nothing. Thought they were fraud and cancelled them. When one of the sellers contacted me I realised my mistake. I am now trying to rectify this through my bank and PayPal. Unfortunately it is only possible to contact PayPal via text so I fear it will be a lengthy business.

Login to Me Too

WendySS
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your help I think I understand now.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.