PayPal and eBay financial/fee summary for 2017 tax filing.

A_Lyric
Contributor
Contributor

I'm looking for a simple financial summary from PayPal and eBay sites that reflect income/expense related information for the purpose of filing 2017 taxes.  I cannot find these documents in spite of hours of hunting and pecking around.  This is my first year of being on either site and I'm actually not even sure exactly what info I need from each site.  I haven't sold enough on eBay to get the form automatically from PayPal.  I'm feeling pretty desperate at this point.  Thank you in advance.   

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

bigjohn327
New Community Member

there is no place on paypal to find 2017 total paypal charges. I searched finally called and they said they would compile the numbers and send me an email.....waiting.......ebay is easy just go to your account settings and download each of the 12 months of bills from the/ invoices///

Login to Me Too

A_Lyric
Contributor
Contributor

I did speak with a PayPal customer service rep who spent considerable time trying to access the financial summary, but ended her effort with a promise to send me a link via email.  The link never came.  I called PayPal again the following day and spoke to another customer service rep, who provided me with helpful info and I had the document I needed within five minutes.  My account was a personal account.  The summary I needed is available only to those with a business account.  I just wanted to post this in case it might be helpful to someone else.  

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dustin

Hi @A_Lyric,

That sounds like a frustrating situation. I'm here to help. PayPal has reports and search tools that can help with this task. 🙂

- Dustin

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.