PayPal accounting

aalstevens
New Community Member

PayPal used to use the money in my account when I purchased something now they just bill my credit card for everything spent 2 hours on phone with them and got nowhere why am i paying PayPal just to have them use my credit card

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aalstevens 

Go to Wallet and select your PayPal balance and click Set as Preferred on the right.

If you have monthly subscriptions, go to Account Settings (wheel icon) > Payments > Manage Automatic Payments, select merchant and on the right, you can check if the correct payment method is set.

Also when checking out, always review your payment before completing checkout to make sure the right payment method is used. Click the "Change" link to select another payment method, if not.

Also try clearing out your browser cache and cookies and restart device and attempt the purchase again. Also make sure you have the latest version of the browser. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aalstevens 

Go to Wallet and select your PayPal balance and click Set as Preferred on the right.

If you have monthly subscriptions, go to Account Settings (wheel icon) > Payments > Manage Automatic Payments, select merchant and on the right, you can check if the correct payment method is set.

Also when checking out, always review your payment before completing checkout to make sure the right payment method is used. Click the "Change" link to select another payment method, if not.

Also try clearing out your browser cache and cookies and restart device and attempt the purchase again. Also make sure you have the latest version of the browser. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.