PayPal Refund

eliman
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

What exactly does "full refund" refer to?  A seller is telling me he will give me a "full refund" on a faulty item MINUS the shipping expenses and the PayPal fees ( close to $140 ) Is this correct? The item was listed for $1650 ( on a page outside of ebay ) and I will get only $1500.  Am I missing something? Or is PayPal willing to cover the gaps and give the buyer a full refund? 

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If you file a dispute with PayPal, you will be disputing the entire amount you paid to the merchant. In the dispute phase of your case, you can negotiate with the seller for partial refund or whatever but you are not obligated to. If you do not agree to any terms with the seller and want to cease communication with the seller and let PayPal take over the case and make a decision, that is when you escalate the dispute to a claim. If PayPal finds in your favor, you may be instructed to return item for refund of the entire amount you initially paid. You will be responsible for return shipping costs which can be reimbursed if you register for PayPal Return Shipping <— Google that. You can get reimbursed for up to $30 on this return.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

eliman
Contributor
Contributor

If the seller agrees to a full refund do I just ship the parcel back to him and hope he will process the refund ? or should I let PayPal know first? Just trying to play it safe

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

if the two of you negotiate outside Paypal,then yes,seller can make partial refund.

if you open a case and PAYpal has been asked to review and decide in your favor,you will return with tracking and signature if required.

then he would have to refund in full,when he refunds,Paypal will show him how much he will refund and Paypal will refund the fee it has taken from the sales,so you will have all your m oney back,of course you pay return shipping or like Sharpie said,Paypal could help up t $30 if you sign up before you make the purchase,not after.   

if he does not refund after tracking shows it has been delivered,Paypal will do it for him

Login to Me Too

eliman
Contributor
Contributor

I've been doing trying to negotiate a refund deal with the seller for several weeks now. I made him one final offer, he declined, then a couple of emails later, he agreed to it. I was ready to seal the deal, but adjusted the terms to a previous refund offer I made. He declined. I'm thinking once again I will request a full refund ( which at one point , he did agree to ). But it worries me that we've been back and forth so many times !! Is it ever too late to change your mind during the process of negotiation? We've come close to sealing the deal, but no money has been refunded yet, and I have not returned the faulty parcel either.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.