PayPal Preauthorization Charge, HELP

RonnyK
Contributor
Contributor

i tried to place an order online on a webinar from a guy but the transaction didn't compete, so i didn't get an order or anything afterwards, no order number since there is no record of it. No record of it from my bank account, no record of it in my activity on paypal as well. However, my paypal account was hit with a pre-authorization charge for the order, which is a nonexistent order. The merchant hasn't been easy to deal with, it <Removed>that the poor customer service may result in having my funds pending for 30 days before it drops off but in my notification it shows it " On September 8, 2020, $1,000.00 USD was preauthorized for a purchase on your card xxx-xxxx. If it isn’t completed or it’s completed for a different amount, any pending amounts will drop off, usually within a day".  Will my money not be sent?  I really hope my money won't be sent at all.   is there a easier way to resolve this faster? After googling the merchant, i see there are complaints of people getting scammed from the merchant. Paypal support didn't help much.  Please help i'm lost. 

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

Y0123
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! Ronny K 

I have the same problem as you, I also got a notification of preauthorized for a purchase. The notification told me that they will drop off my pending amount in a day, does it truth?  Did Paypal send you back your money? If so, Can you tell me how long they take the time to refund your money back to your bank account? Thank you 

Login to Me Too

Phaseshift
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever find a resolution to this? I'm going through the same 

Login to Me Too

bratibe
Contributor
Contributor

It's December 2020 i am having the same issue right now. Every help would be appreciated!

Login to Me Too

Jmlandicho
It happened to me today. Paypal charged me for the amount even though the order wasn’t successfully processed by the merchant. Looks like Paypal preauthorized the amount already. If your order wasn’t completed yet or you decided not to proceed with the order, Paypal will reverse the charge and will be credited back to your account - mine was credited the same day. Hope this helps
Login to Me Too

ObiYeet

ok thanks, this just happened to me with a roughly $3000 charge that did not go through with completion on the merchants website. Hoping i get my money sent back to my account sooner today! 

Login to Me Too

bratibe
Contributor
Contributor

Okay folks, i finally i figured out what my problem was. It's something called 3-D Secure from mastercard.
You have to activate this function in order to make payments via paypal or Skrill or anything. It's a safety measurement that probably has been added rather recently, like they don't allow you to make payments online without it.
The good news is you can even pay in some sites with this new 3-D Secure mastercard payment method, without needing paypal.

I hope i was able to help you. sincerely

Login to Me Too

Isaiah161

hey man having the same problem, how do you activate this

Login to Me Too

bratibe
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, i simply clicked on allow the "3-D Secure from mastercard" in the options, in my online bank account. You may ask your online bank "support" for help if you can't find the option in the menus on your own. After i did that everything worked again perfectly, now i use mastercard 3D instead of Paypal sometimes, it's practical in that sense. I hope i helped you out. sincerely.

Login to Me Too

Temp20221019J
I got this issue but my mastercard is a gift card and idk if there is an issuing online bank for it
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.