PayPal Payout - new marketplace website

celticherr
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Community

Hopefully you can help me with a problem I have with setting up PayPal Payouts on a website I am developing.

Basically it is a platform to allow people to sell digital products and will operate on a commission basis.

I would like to receive all the payments into my business account and then manually distribute the commissions out to all the sellers on a fixed schedule.

This will allow for refunds/disputes etc.

The website is developed with Wordpress and I am using WC Marketplace which has the ability to make API calls to PayPal Payouts.

However, I contacted PayPal customer support to see what I need to to to get Payouts set up and I was informed that I would need to demonstrate a turnover of between €6K - €10K per month before they would assign me an account manager. Apparently I would need an A/C managed to proceed.

It seems a bit of a big obstacle to new startups but I'm new to this so dont have any comparison.

Is this really the case?

I'm testing away with the PayPal sandbox and payments are received.

My issue now is to ensure I can distribute funds to the sellers.

Also, if there is any alternative to this (even manually) please let me know as I am pretty new to this.

Many thanks

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.