PayPal PAD (scams)

JenniferF1
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I received this email as I was interested in buying a car I found on eBay. Is it a scam?? I am presently offshore working as Mechanical Supervisor for EnQuest. Pick up will be possible starting the 20th of April when I will return on land. This doesn't mean that you will have to wait until then. I can have it delivered instead. Received a few offers until now, so it can get sold anytime. I propose to deal through eBay and by using PayPal PAD (Pay After Delivery) service which offers a refund policy. It's similar to an escrow service, so they will hold the payment while you fully inspect the car. Delivery to your address can be arranged and pre-purchase inspection for 7 days. You can inspect the car for any damages and reject it if you find something wrong with it. I am pretty sure this will not be the case as I'm being totally honest and upfront with you. You should know that the payment is sent to PayPal and not me personally. It will be put on hold and released by PayPal only if you want to keep the car. I can give you more details if interested. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Craigbaker2008
Contributor
Contributor
Did you get a response from anything. I have received the exact same mail. Did you get the car or was it a scam
Login to Me Too

benchsaw
Contributor
Contributor

do not do it .this fella has just taken me for £9000. he sends you a link to paypal pad  ,but its a scam site that looks the same but it sends your money to spain.  no car and no money 

Login to Me Too

JenniferF1
Contributor
Contributor
No I didn’t go through with it as goggled the email address and read something on pistonheads which described the exact same thing had happened to them and it was a total scam! So don’t go through with it!! Hope that helps.
Login to Me Too

New Community Member

just out of interest what was the email address? Ive just had exactly the same thing happen to me.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.