PayPal Money

LaylaG
Contributor
Contributor

A transaction of over £100 was cancelled within minutes. Although, today the money has still come out of my bank account several days later. It is still marked on my Paypal account as a "cancelled transaction". Is this usual? Does it get reimbursed? I don't understand why this has happened.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LaylaG

You can cancel a transaction but you can't cancel a processing payment, that payment starts to process the second you click to pay.

So when you cancel a payment those funds can't do a u-turn > they have to process through to paypal who will then either return them to your funding source (if you paid with a debit or credit card), or credit your paypal balance (if it was funded from your balance or instant bank transfer), but that takes a few days and sometimes up to a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LaylaG
Contributor
Contributor
🙁 Thank you. I still have not got my money back. It's been 12 days now... Does it usually take this long?
Login to Me Too

LaylaG
Contributor
Contributor
🙁 Thank you. I still have not got my money back. It's been 12 days now... Does it usually take this long?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.