PayPal Master Card

JSimon1513
Contributor
Contributor

Do I have to transfer money to my master card to use it? Or can I just leave the money in my PayPal account balance?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

PayPal has several MC card products - which one are you referring to ?

* PayPal Cashback MasterCard (Physical Card)
To earn Cash Rewards, you must have an open PayPal Account in good standing to which your Card Account is linked.  With this card you can earn Cash Rewards on all of your purchases that you can redeem into your PayPal account.

* PayPal Extras MasterCard  (Physical Card)
Without an active PayPal account to which your Card is linked, you will not be able to (1) use the Card to make purchases through PayPal; (2) earn rewards on PayPal purchases; (3) redeem rewards online or in a form other than statement credit; and (4) take advantage of online account management, make payments online or receive online statements.   You will only be able to redeem rewards in the form of a statement credit by calling the number on the back of your card.

* PayPal Credit - Digital Line of Credit  (No Physical Card)

* PayPal Cash MasterCard  (Physical Card)
Technically not a credit card as it functions like a prepaid card, it does not extend credit but, can be use for purchases and/or ATM withdraws.   The funds come from your PayPal Account Balance, no direct transfer to the card is required.

* PayPal Prepaid MasterCard  (Physical Card)
Use of this Card requires a PayPal Account.  You can use the PayPal Prepaid MasterCard to eat, drink and shop everywhere Debit MasterCard is accepted.   You can add funds to your card via Direct Deposit, at reload centers or transfer funds from your PayPal Account Balance.   There is a $4.95 monthly fee to use this card.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

PayPal has several MC card products - which one are you referring to ?

* PayPal Cashback MasterCard (Physical Card)
To earn Cash Rewards, you must have an open PayPal Account in good standing to which your Card Account is linked.  With this card you can earn Cash Rewards on all of your purchases that you can redeem into your PayPal account.

* PayPal Extras MasterCard  (Physical Card)
Without an active PayPal account to which your Card is linked, you will not be able to (1) use the Card to make purchases through PayPal; (2) earn rewards on PayPal purchases; (3) redeem rewards online or in a form other than statement credit; and (4) take advantage of online account management, make payments online or receive online statements.   You will only be able to redeem rewards in the form of a statement credit by calling the number on the back of your card.

* PayPal Credit - Digital Line of Credit  (No Physical Card)

* PayPal Cash MasterCard  (Physical Card)
Technically not a credit card as it functions like a prepaid card, it does not extend credit but, can be use for purchases and/or ATM withdraws.   The funds come from your PayPal Account Balance, no direct transfer to the card is required.

* PayPal Prepaid MasterCard  (Physical Card)
Use of this Card requires a PayPal Account.  You can use the PayPal Prepaid MasterCard to eat, drink and shop everywhere Debit MasterCard is accepted.   You can add funds to your card via Direct Deposit, at reload centers or transfer funds from your PayPal Account Balance.   There is a $4.95 monthly fee to use this card.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.