PayPal Express Checkout conflict with wordpress pluggin

happynomad79
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal Express Checkout (PayPal for WooCommerce (By Angell EYE)) does not work whenever YITH WooCommerce Deposits and Down Payments is activated

Dear fellows,

I ecountered problem when i tried to integrate PayPal Express Payment (By Angell EYE) with  a wordpress pluggin (YITH WooCommerce Deposits and Down Payments  Prenium Pluggin).

Below are the steps perform by me to initiate a paypal sandbox transactions:

1.Go https://homesaver.com.sg/shop/
2.Add one of my products to Cart
3.Go to My Cart (https://homesaver.com.sg/cart-page/) and click “Check-out with PayPal
4.Website redirects to Sandbox. Fill in dummy credit card details and then click “Pay Now”

Whenever YITH WooCommerce Deposits and Down Payments Premium is activated, the website redirects back to My Cart (instead of the final check out page). Further the paypal transcations was never captured by the sandbox. However, everything works fine as long as YITH WooCommerce Deposits and Down Payments Premium is disabled.

I have tried below methods but the problem still persists:
1. Updated all my theme and pluggins
2. Deactivated all my plugins and tried them in by one. Whenever, YITH WooCommerce Deposits and Down Payments Premium is activated, the problem comes back.
3. Revert theme to Twenty Eleven but no help.
4. Researched high and low for in internet and the forum but to no avail.

I contacted both By Angell EYE and YITH WooCommerce Deposits and Down Payments Prenium Pluggin but help is not very useful. 

This is the reply from YITH "I’ve actually done some debug over your installation, but I’m afraid that I’m not sure why payment is not correctly processed. As far as I can see, what is missing when purchasing a deposit is a request to paypal, with the following method: getExpressCheckoutDetails
After some debugging, I think that the reason for not processing that request is a missing order_awaiting_paymentnumber in user session
Unfortunately, it seems that this Express Checkout plugin is really complex, and I get confused soon when checking its code. I think that the best solution would be to contact PayPal Express Checkout developers, and ask them to help us finding and solving the problem"

I hope some kind heart within this communit can enlighten me on how to resolve this conflict.

Any advise is greatly appreciated. Thank you! 

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Hi.  We recently hired a new support person and he's not fully up to speed on Express Checkout yet.  Sorry for the confusing response there.  Please let me know your ticket number on the Angell EYE help desk and I will personally respond to help get this worked out (which I would be doing anyway, but I'm a little behind on reviewing tickets he has responded to.)

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

happynomad79
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, The ticket number is 313260. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Okay I will reply to you there.  

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Ah, I see I did reply to you letting you know we would be troubleshooting the issue and fixing it ASAP. That's the best I can tell you for now. As mentioned in that ticket, we're working on a 1.4.5 update to our plugin now, and then we could look at these things on the 1.4.6 list following that.

When I first read your original post I thought that response you quoted was from us. Just looked again and realized it was from the other plugin developer.

Anyway, we'll get it done ASAP and I'll update you when it's ready!
Login to Me Too

kaido11
Contributor
Contributor

If possible, then do not buy plugins from Angelleye. I bought recently PayPal Shipment Tracking for WooCommerce and it made a big mess with my Woocommerce and Paypal, but did not do what it should be - did not uploaded any tracking number. Instead of this it marked all Paypal orders as shipped. Developer agreed via email that plugin is defective, but did not refund my money. Seems they are banned from wordpress.org as well.
There are lot of similar plugins from other companies, so best is to avoid Angelleye.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
@kaido11, I'm sorry you are having issues, but you continue to spread misinformation about what is going on here.

I have been replying to your support tickets, and I replied to the dispute you left in PayPal with lots of info about how I can help you resolve this. You have refused the help.

Then you tell the PayPal dispute team that I "never replied", which is clearly not true from the history of the ticket itself. Very odd you would even say that there knowing they can see the history where I have have been replying quickly and respectfully.

Now you're in here spreading the same misinformation.

Look, if you want the support I can help you. There are thousands of users with our shipment tracking plugin working perfectly. You must have some sort of a configuration problem.

I NEVER "agreed via email that the plugin is defective" because it is not. I agreed that you may have a problem, and that I could help you troubleshoot the problem.

If you want my help I'll help you. If not, please stop spreading lies. That helps nobody.
Login to Me Too

kaido11
Contributor
Contributor

Angelleye, everything I wrote is true. Of course, you claim the opposite so you can sell your plugins. So lets remember this issue.
I bought plugin that will take tracking numbers from Woocommerce and upload them to the Paypal. I installed plugin and made few shipping labels in DHL Commerce site. DHL sent tracking numbers to Woocommerce, but your plugin did not sent them to Paypal. Instead of this, your plugin marked all orders in Paypal as "shipped", even those that was "processing" stage in Woocommerce. I also triedmanual method, "Send to Paypal", but also without success.
So, I wrote email to you about this situation. Mubashir from you stuff asked some more information and I sent it. As there was no answer for 2 days from you, I uninstalled your plugin from my website and asked my money back. Only then did you respond and offered partial refund or help. You also told that your plugin is not "tested with any DHL system" (your words) and "The next issue is how all of your PayPal orders got marked as shipped. I would agree that it seems our plugin must have done that somehow". Is it plugin defect or it should be like this?
Please tell me how I must act if,
I buy software that is not working as promised,
I asked developer for help, it did not responded for 2 days,
I uninstalled software, deleted license key and reported about it developer,
I asked for full refund,
I like to forget this plugin and go on with my life,
Developer refuses of full refund, telling that software is not tested with World largest courier company and asking install it back for testing,
Developer still refuses to make a refund.
Do you think, such behavior with customers is OK? Is this really customer friendly company? I don't think so. Maybe every developer should guarantee that its software is working fine and if not, fix the software itself rather than asking for help from customers?
I do not have such time and wish to deal with you or your plugin. I bought plugin, it did not worked, I uninstalled plugin and asked money back. You refused. And so it is.
Hence my recommendation to others - do not buy any plugin from Angelleye.

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
You are simply not being truthful, and that is why PayPal awarded me the dispute you filed. You made a statement there that I had not replied, which was clearly false based on the history of the ticket itself and all the info I provided.

You purchased the plugin, and you said you had a problem. I asked you to provide details of the problem so that I can help you troubleshoot. You told me that it's not working and had a problem with status updates, but you did not provide any of the info I asked you for to troubleshoot it. You refused and asked for a refund.

At that point I offered to honor my refund policy which is clearly posted on our website and you refused.

You then filed the claim with PayPal stating that I was not replying, did not offer a refund, etc.

This is all clearly false as they could see from the history of the dispute, which is why they awarded it in my favor.

I've told you many times, and I will tell you once more. If you want to help me help you...I'm more than happy to do so and get the plugin working for you. It must be a very simple configuration problem.

You've refused my help, you've refused my refund policy, and now you're blaming me for not taking care of you. It makes no sense.

If you want me help, get back to me through our help desk. This is not the place for direct support of our plugins.
Login to Me Too

kaido11
Contributor
Contributor

Lets make it clear. I contacted with your customer service first and received common question "what is wrong". I explained everything and waited for your answer. Within 2 days I did not received any answer from you. You started to worry after I asked money back. Without asking money back, I would have waited for your answer to this day. It is how it was and what I told to Paypal. 

I sent email to you with explanation about API, so you know exactly what is wrong with your plugin. You shout openly that I don't want help and it's my fault, but actually it is only you who can fix it. I can not do anything to fix your plugin and offering help here is just a farce. Instead of fixing, you spend your energy here, justifying yourself and blaming me.

At present day, I do not like any help from such two-faced company as Angelleye is. 50 bucs is good price for showing your real face to other potential customers 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.