PayPal Errors

Melanie_Mclean
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, hoping someone can help. I have gone to buy an item off eBay through my PayPal balance but it was refused saying insufficient funds. Going on to check my PayPal the funds available are completely different to what is showing as available through eBay. Does anyone know why this is? Thank you
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rich

Hi Melanie_Mclean,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear that there is some sort of miscommunication between eBay and PayPal. Do you have funds being held in your PayPal account? If so, perhaps eBay does not have the knowledge that some funds are on hold. PayPal and eBay are separate companies and the information in your PayPal account wouldn't be available to them. 

The funds in your PayPal account that show as an available balance are what you can use to make a payment. You may be able to split the payment between two different payment methods though!

Here is more information on that process: .https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Payments-Archive/Using-Paypal-Balance-amp-Credit-Card-for-... 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.