PayPal Credit

Laci7412
New Community Member

Why do I have to link my bank account or credit card when I have available credit through my pay pal account. I tried to purchase at several different sites since getting my PayPal Credit account and it will not accept it. It always ask me to use a different card to pay at checkout. Sounds to me like they will not let me use my PayPal Credit account. If I wanted to charge it to my bank or my credit card I would not choose PayPal Credit as my deferred payment method. Any one else have this problem. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Laci7412 

PayPal reserves the right to restrict the use of the credit line depending on the circumstances of your transaction(s). If PPC is not offered during checkout, then it recommended that you use another linked method to complete your purchase. Note that PPC is integrated into the checkout system and it analyzes various risk factors to determine whether to offer PPC or not to you on each transaction.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Laci7412 

PayPal reserves the right to restrict the use of the credit line depending on the circumstances of your transaction(s). If PPC is not offered during checkout, then it recommended that you use another linked method to complete your purchase. Note that PPC is integrated into the checkout system and it analyzes various risk factors to determine whether to offer PPC or not to you on each transaction.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

DrBalls
New Community Member

So Paypal Credit arbitrarily decides when it can and cannot be used? That's hilariously inconvenient. If I commit to a purchase because I know I get time to pay it off, and then at checkout I find that I can't make the purchase - that puts me in a bad spot, one that I am in right now. So, my choice is to back out of the agreement with the seller, or use a credit card. My follow up question would be: why do I have Paypal Credit if they make it less convenient than a credit card?

Login to Me Too

Edith24087
I have been having this same issue since I opened my credit account. It won't let me use it to send money to my family either. It's been virtually useless to me.
Login to Me Too

angollo83
Contributor
Contributor
This is the exact same issue and feelings I have had since we recently applied and were approved. I feel I've been scammed into this card just to find it utterly and entirely useless
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.