PayPal Button Code Keeps Getting Changed WordPress GoDaddy

PNNMP
New Community Member

HI, we're a small nonprofit with a WordPress Managed Website on GoDaddy, and on one page we have four legacy PayPal buttons for memberships and donations.  For over a year everything was fine but the past few months, something keeps changing the code for the buttons - stripping out key bits - so they don't work any more. I've replaced the code maybe 6 or so times. Each time the replacement works, but then after a week or so it happens again. I haven't changed anything about the site during this period, though there have been auto updates. It seemed at first to be related to WordPress updates but I'm not so sure about a couple of times.  GoDaddy says it's a hack and wants to sell me a firewall package on top of the SSL we already have (there's a reason sales and support are the same people!)  What do you think?  FYI we have the following plugins: Akismet Anti-Spam, Classic Editor, Search Engine Visibility, Gravity Forms, Securi Security, and Widget Context.  Many thanks if you have any thoughts

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.