PayPal Billing a Closed Bank/ and closed bank account

TGB2
New Community Member

PayPal is billing a closed bank account and will not remove it from my account. I changed my Primary bank which was added for all payment activity August 1, 2020. There is a monthly recurring payment to the old bank account, and when I try to remove the bank from PayPal, I receive an error message stating that the bank cannot be removed.  The business owner said that PayPay does not allow them any access to the billing system it is all controlled by PayPal.   am fees and expenses and threats from the bank that closed. I reported PayPal as submitting unauthorized debits against a closed account.  I am frustrated with PayPal and will be filing suit in small claims to recoup fees and expenses.  Any suggestions other than quitting the PayPal platform, are there better platforms that you would recommend.<removed><removed>

Trying to remove old bank infoTrying to remove old bank info

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TGB2 

Check if you had a subscription set up and if so change the funding source from your old bank....
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your preferred way to pay and check the old bank account is not selected as your preferred funding option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.