Pay in 4 option not available

Temp20231024BW
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered several items from a site using pay in 4. It was an payment option the first 3 times I made purchases and paid off the balance quickly within a week. Ever since I paid off the balance for the 3 pay in 4 transactions that I made pay pal hasn’t allowed me to use it again And it hasn’t even been an option for to use. Does anyone know why?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Nique650
Contributor
Contributor
Same here! And I can’t get anyone to let me know what went wrong. I even tried a lower amount than my first pay in 4.
Login to Me Too

Jonesey21
New Community Member
Same here. How inconvenient! I wish Afterpay worked everywhere. One rep said basically PayPal runs out of cash and can’t offer Pay in 4 to everyone at the same time so my option to use it has been taken away but overall, it still works. I’ve been trying to use it for 3 days now. Sale ends tomorrow so it looks like I’m about to miss out b/c this week I just can’t afford to pay full price.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230511f
I have came to go to a site Afterpay will work on get a gift card for the amount you need take that gift card and go shop at the store your trying to go too
Login to Me Too

simplyciara1
They say my account is in good standing and that it will not always show up, but that it still works. I was also told several people have called about the same issue. If it works, and is still an option, then none of us would have this complaint.
Login to Me Too

Greenfingerless
Contributor
Contributor
Pay in 4 seems rushed to steal Afterpays business... Ive been with Paypal for 10years and my first attempt to use Pay in 4 was rejected, total purchase was $1300... Very disappointed!
Login to Me Too

Temp20220314a
New Community Member
I have used it several times and now cannot use it all of a sudden.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_RebeccaN

Hi @Freebird2183, 

Welcome to the PayPal Community! 

PayPal Pay in 3/4 is not available for certain merchants and goods. We may also decide not to offer PayPal Pay in 3/4 as a payment option in certain circumstances, such as where our checks suggest an increased risk of fraud or where data we hold suggests you may not be eligible. For more information on this, see: Buy Now, Pay Later | Pay in 4 Installment Payments | PayPal US

-Rebecca 

Login to Me Too

nyleveus

Was this ever resolved? I have the same issue started last night. I've been purchasing items using this service to different stores for supplies then suddenly I got this message. Frustrating because it didn't even give you want transactions to deem unusual. I tried reaching out to service sadly no response

Login to Me Too

AmLynnK
New Community Member
Did yours get resolved? I’m having the same issue, and I’m unsure of what to do. PayPal customer service is just absolutely god awful.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.