Pay in 4 issue

LKnizley18
New Community Member
Hello, I recently saw PayPal’s Pay In 4 option at checkout, and decided to give their managed payment option a try. I’ve been regretting this ever since. The whole point of managed payments is to pay a little at a time until it’s paid off, instead of having to pay the balance all at once. Like I anticipated, after completely checkout, I saw the pending charge from PayPal in my bank account, however, shortly thereafter another charge appeared in my account, also from PayPal, for the full amount of my purchase. I’ve tried contacting PayPal about this, and they assure me this is just an error in the PayPal app, and only the first payment has been deducted from my account, however, my bank account clearly shows the first payment AND the full amount withdrawn from my account. Has anybody else experienced this issue when using Pay In 4? I’ve tried contacting PayPal, but only get rude reps who assure me that I’ve only been charged for the first payment. HELP!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Bmoore22
New Community Member
Have you gotten any resolution to your issue? I did the payment plan today and they took the first payment out of my account, cool. But then I go to my PayPal app and it says I still need to make my first payment for my purchase? Wth is that about? I’m so frustrated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.