Pay in 4 Double charge initial payment

Jumpinbean
Contributor
Contributor

I see that this has been happening to others but I am not sure if I should just sit and wait. 

I purchased an item on the pay in 4 and had gone through the pay in 4 screen twice. Once that took me back to the pages order summary that then had me go through the pay in 4 screen again after. I see the pay in 4 price amount (-$219) in my recent activity as well as TWO (-$55) payments as well. There is only ONE pay in 4 tab on my paypal for the $219 but I was already charged the TWO payments of $55 from my bank account and still at 0 of 4 paid on the pay in 4 tab. 

Should I battle the phone support or just wait and see if it comes off of my pending transactions in my bank account. Needless to say this is the first and last time I will use the pay in 4 option from paypal. Thank you for your time!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kitkat55
New Community Member

This just happened to me too! I ordered something on the screen and then I went back and added another item making the pay in 4 a few dollars more but then when I went through with the purchase again it charged me 36.19 and then I went and checked my bank statement and it showed that I was charged twice for 33.34 when this was the original pay in 4 price and I don't know what to do because there is no dispute button about this happening and pay pal account only shows the 36.19 and when the next payment is due and there is no where that shows 33.34. This is very frustrating because pay pal has been so bad for me lately and now this too and I am not even sure who to contact because there is no option for it. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.