Pay after delivery

Heidibanham1
Contributor
Contributor
My pay after delivery option is no longer available. I have checked it on a few purchases and it’s not giving me the option on any of them. I have never missed a payment or done anything to warrant this. Anyone else noticed this ? Only happened in the last few days. It was really handy too ! Is it PayPal trying to stop people getting into debt and not being able to pay ?
Login to Me Too
74 REPLIES 74

MLGore
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
That's a Good question my friend. Sad to know about the issue though. The Standard way with our Goods and services payment option is that once your payment is sent it will show on the Sellers side that it will be completed but on hold for 21 days. Until delivery is confirmed. Just to fair on both the Buyer and the Seller since both are considered as PayPal clients. This is the General rule of thumb. As soon as our Customer Service team is available to answer phone calls feel free to further discuss and clarify.
Login to Me Too

Merrkat60
Contributor
Contributor
I always had pay after delivery. Now last few months it is not working. I don't know why
Login to Me Too

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@Heidibanham1  

I am sorry for the confusion but I hope you are well.

It is my vast regret to inform you that you’ll only be able to use “Pay After Delivery” on sites that support it. If it is not supported, you will not see it as an option during the payment selection method. 

For more information, please click here. 

However, @MLGore is correct. We can still protect you if you still opt to proceed with your purchase even with the absence of Pay After Delivery functionality if something happens to your order. For more information, kindly read What if I didn't receive my item or it's not as advertised? 

***If you see a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe! ☺

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ragnar_Lothbrok 

@MLGore 

Sorry but first not ALL sellers funds are held for 21 days.

It only applies to new sellers or high risk transactions and affects only a few of sellers.

Most sellers get their funds IMMEDIATELY.

Also PAD is given by Paypal and NOT the sites or sellers.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/what-is-pay-after-delivery-faq918

Secondly PAD is available in the UK, however @Heidibanham1 whether its offered by paypal is dependent on their cash flow and type of transaction at the time you make the purchase. At the moment i guess they are not providing it due to the recent circumstances as basically its a short term interest free loan of 14 days given by paypal. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

andromedasj

Surely then it should be displayed clearly on the sellers website/auction on ebay or any other site that has PayPal as a payment method. It should state that they do not support or have enrolled in PAD. Don't leave it for the buyer to get to checkout, select paypal as payment method only to see that it doesn't show "Pay after Delivery" option.

Get a grip PayPal and instruct Ebay to have the seller display this on there auction and stop wasting customers time. As Alber Einstein once said.....It's not Rocket Science!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@andromedasj 

How can it display on a sellers website if the seller has no control over whether YOU are enrolled in it or not?

The seller puts whether they accept PAYPAL OR NOT ...how you FUND your paypal payment is not up to the seller....thats not rocket science to understand surely.

PAD is between you and paypal and NOTHING to do with ebay.

Its offered in checkout wherever you use paypal (not just ebay) BUT whether its offered or not is dependent on type of transaction etc as per the terms and conditions.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/pad-tnc

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Helenb72
Contributor
Contributor

This has also happened to me.  It stopped on my online purchases on 3rd April and then on EBay yesterday 4th April.  It still shows as active on my settings.  I have tried to message PayPal about this and another problem but no answer.  Guess I'm going to have to try to phone them.  I prefer to use this feature because I feel it gives you the extra security and my finances are now planned this way. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Helenb72 

Did you read the last paragraph in my above post?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Helenb72
Contributor
Contributor

Yes - you guessed that is all.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.