Pay after delivery

Heidibanham1
Contributor
Contributor
My pay after delivery option is no longer available. I have checked it on a few purchases and it’s not giving me the option on any of them. I have never missed a payment or done anything to warrant this. Anyone else noticed this ? Only happened in the last few days. It was really handy too ! Is it PayPal trying to stop people getting into debt and not being able to pay ?
Login to Me Too
74 REPLIES 74

andromedasj

Me too! I was told by this PayPal "Message Us" advisor that I was to check with the vendor if they were enrolled in PAD. So now they want us, the buyers, to go contacting sellers to find out if they have enrolled in PAD. Are PayPal advisors completely and utterly useless at their job? It appears that way.

Out of around 30 transactions last month, only about 2 were marked up as PAD. Come on PayPal! Wake up and look into this and sort out the problem. You've become lazy and nonplussed since lockdown and Pandemic. Get a grip!

Login to Me Too

Merrkat60
Contributor
Contributor
I was on pay after delivery I don't understand why not working now
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Merrkat60 

PAD is between you and Paypal. The seller is unaware you are using it as they are still credited the funds in advance. No seller would post an item before being paid.
Funds leave your account at 14 days in which time your item 'may and normally has' arrived however you don't actually have anymore 'buyer protection' than any other buyer.
Its basically a 14 days interest free loan provided by Paypal. BUT its not offered on every transaction and you can only use it when it is, I guess thats down to paypals cash flow status at the time of your transaction maybe?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bittyboy101
Contributor
Contributor

Since sometime in September 2020 I have also been having this problem with no longer getting the option for PayPal's "Pay After Delivery" which I love so much !

...My problem started ever since eBay changed their checkout setup like below;-

<removed>

Since eBay changed to the new checkout shown above, when I select PayPal for payment, It then prompts me to click on "Pay with PayPal" (you will finish checkout on PayPal)  See image below;-

<removed>

...Now once you've selected Paypal for payment and click on the "Pay with PayPal" tab a pop-up window then opens and it prompts you to log into your PayPal account to complete your purchase/payment.  I can't show this image because it contains all my bank and card details but it is a pop-up window that you log into and is basically your PayPal account (wallet), It only gives 2 choices/options ... Number 1 is the pay for the purchase with your bank account and Number 2 is to pay for the purchase using your credit or debit card. THERE IS NOW NO OPTION TO ENGAGE "PAY AFTER DELIVERY" AS A FORM OF PAYMENT.

On the older eBay checkout system like below (it still works for some items but  not others) it sometimes gives me the "Pay After Delivery" option and if that does not show I just hit the backspace and then keep on trying before it eventually gives me the option to book my purchase on "Pay After Delivery" and pay for the purchase in 14 days time which is VERY HELPFUL to me. 

<removed>

Now with the new eBay checkout that seems to be taking over rapidly, I am  forced  to DECLINE a potential purchase BECAUSE THERE IS NO PAY AFTER DELIVERY OPTION ANYMORE.

The bottom line is eBay is breaking its own neck by preventing PayPal from offering Pay After Delivery in their new revised eBay checkout which now sends me an email saying "You have authorized a payment to eBay" I thought that I was paying the seller ?? not eBay ! - so now I see, we now pay eBay and eBay then passes the money to the seller - Right ? ...so if you're now paying eBay directly for your eBay purchase, eBay BLOCK PayPal from offering "Pay After Delivery" - NICE ONE EBAY ! - YET ANOTHER CHANGE FOR THE WORST !! 😞

Login to Me Too

1to19to6to3to23
Contributor
Contributor
You are correct, I’ve read that eBay are phasing out PayPal as the primary way to pay. They sold PayPal and now don’t want to send as much money their way. Hence payments appear to be going to eBay before seller . I believe when they change the primary payment method, PayPal will still be available but not preferred. So I agree I think eBay are behind the PAD not being offered . I like to use PAD it’s easier to manage my money . I will not be buying as much without this facility. Think I’ll be looking for a different selling platform as well.... EBay fees are getting ridiculous . What annoys me the most is when they started charging 10% on postage as well as sales.. They said it was to prevent sellers avoiding fees by selling lower and putting high postage rates to keep fees lower but that’s their excuse for getting more money from sellers. They could of rectified high postage by capping it. So if I add ebays postage fees to my post costs and pass it onto the buyer, then I get given lower star rating by some sellers for high postage ... Every which way you turn they’ve got you!!! eBay are just getting greedier and greedier... even though they already make a fortune. I mean they still encourage you to start listings at 99p but with a £3 postal cost they take 40p that’s before you’ve paid PayPal ... what’s the point... They will lose sellers. So many more selling platforms are becoming available .. Now it appears we aren’t getting PAD facility as much or not at all because payments are going to eBay 1st.. Well Done EBay I hope you lose a lot of sellers.... Rant Over!!
Login to Me Too

bittyboy101
Contributor
Contributor

I think that I did a good job of explaining WHY some of us are not getting the option for PayPal Pay After Delivery any more.

It seems that there are still 2 different eBay checkout systems in operation, the original older checkout which gives more payment options and the newer eBay checkout where if you select "PayPal" you then have to complete payment off eBay and on PayPal's pop-up window which now only gives a user 2 payment options (bank or card) and as the days are passing by, eBay are gradually phasing the old style (and better) checkout system out as now more and more items are only offering  the new style checkout when attempting to purchase something on eBay.

This week I have declined over 10 potential purchases from items ranging from £15 - £150.00 because there is now no option to buy now and pay in 14 days  time when I would have more spare money to do so comfortably. I hope that eBay and PayPal read my 2 posts and take action as there are 100's of people like myself who are now put off buying on eBay because of the new eBay checkout which seems to block the option to use PayPal's Pay After Delivery.     

Login to Me Too

bittyboy101
Contributor
Contributor

The problem is now not with PayPal but with eBay's new managed payments. This is why there are now two different eBay checkouts in operation which is now becoming a real problem as eBay FORCES more and more of its business sellers to enroll for its managed payment scheme.

The problem is that there is no longer an option for Pay After Delivery to appear on the newer eBay managed payment checkout so if a seller you want to purchase from is now using "eBay managed payments" (through no choice of their own !) then you just cannot pay that seller via PayPal's Pay After Delivery option anymore, only your bank account, your card and PayPal credit are offered as payment options.

I now make most of my purchases from private eBay sellers who eBay has not yet FORCED on to their silly not very well thought out managed payments program.

I had put detailed pictures of the two types of eBay checkouts in my previous posts above but it seems that they have now been removed for some unknown reason !, so I'm sorry about this.

The problem is the new blue eBay managed payment checkout page VS the older original checkout page (where Pay After Delivery is normally offered sometimes). This is the reason why so many of us are now not getting the Pay After Delivery option anymore.

Like one of the posters above, I too decline purchasing any items where PayPal's Pay After Delivery is not offered unless I really need the item.     

Login to Me Too

Mpg57

RusticPaul
Contributor
Contributor
Old topic but thought to add. PAD option has disappeared completely in Payment Preferences, through no fault of my own. The issue no longer has anything to do with eBay seller preferences, the convenient feature has been removed in PayPals settings. Why can't someone from PP just say that and confirm???
Login to Me Too

RusticPaul
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry, just read another post that eBay and PayPal got a divorce.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.