Pay after delivery not available

Vickycals
Contributor
Contributor
Just that really, I usually buy quite a few items using pay after delivery but it hasn’t showed as an option for over a week now. Anyone have this issue? Thanks
Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

Neesyliam46
Same here in Northern Ireland, have had PayPal over 15 years and pay after delivery has stopped on all items. No official word yet from PayPal?
Login to Me Too

Maz40
Contributor
Contributor
I have also been trying for 10 days now and offered on 1 purchase (UK). All seems very random! Would be bettter if we had a formal notification from PayPal letting us know when/if it's available!
Login to Me Too

ZS000
Contributor
Contributor
Mine hasn’t been available for weeks, held my PayPal account for 10years+
Login to Me Too

rdm26
Contributor
Contributor

as with other purchasers using PayPal, I’ve used it and had no notification it was being pulled.

have paypal made a statement or announcement on this?

Login to Me Too

ZoeCooke
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the same problem and PayPal customer services have not only been totally unhelpful but difficult and patronising. Every single merchant I've used it with before, either on ebay or internet transactions elsewhere, it suddenly isn't working with. These standard answers we always seem to get about "maybe that merchant no longer offers it" are no help whatsoever as they fail to offer a solution or a possible reason why not a single transaction is now offering it as a payment option. If paypal have withdrawn it for the time being due to Covid 19 then why dont they simply let us know.
Login to Me Too

Col86
Contributor
Contributor
I have spoken with an agent through fb chat and also on twitter and all they say is that if it is not available then the purchase is not an eligible purchase to which i have questioned them as to why a purchase is eligible 1 day and then the next day it is not. Needless to say they havent answered that question yet. I just find thier answers hard to belive.
Login to Me Too

rdm26
Contributor
Contributor

I did the same and the answer I got is below. But I think we’re getting fobbed off with different answers. If only an actual PayPal employee could give a direct answer! 

“can you advise on my pay after delivery please. Do all sellers use it or just some?

You're now connected to Cheryl

Cheryl

12:04 PM

Welcome to PayPal Chat Support. My name is Cheryl. How can I help you today?

Hi! Richard, I understand the importance of you verifying Pay After Delivery. It is not available to all sellers, they have the option to opt in and opt out.

Some of the merchants/sellers are not accepting Pay After Delivery option in this time, it is because of the on going pandemic COVID 19 issue. Even if it shows as active in your PayPal account it wont show as a default method when you do your purchase.

Due to inactivity, I will pause this chat for now. When you reply we’ll connect your message to the next available Customer Support team member if I am not available.

Our agent will respond to your message within 1 hour.

Please go ahead and leave us a message if you haven't already and we will get back to you in a few hours.

Richard <removed>

12:39 PM

Sorry. Didn’t get a notification you had messaged. So has PayPal pulled pay after delivery or is a seller option?

You're now connected to Cheryl

Cheryl

12:45 PM

It is seller's option.

Please go ahead and leave us a message if you haven't already and we will get back to you in a few hours.

Login to Me Too

Col86
Contributor
Contributor
Your reply from them seems more plausable however i still believe they are fobbing us off. I have contacted ebay also to see what thier response to this is and i am awaiting a reply.
Login to Me Too

LMN118
Contributor
Contributor

As a business we have no option to "opt into Pay After Delivery". Since this is a service between Paypal and the customer we just get paid as normal. Paypal Credit is optional for us. 

As an individual, I've not been able to use Pay After Delivery for around two weeks now at the minimum. It worked on the 8th for a company then on the 9th it stopped working. 

It has frequently stopped working in the past but usually resumes quickly. 

Login to Me Too

Sue2610
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve also had this exact problem with very unhelpful PayPal advisers and a number of different reasons as to why it’s not available if we could just get an exact reason from PayPal that would be so helpful!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.