Pay After Delivery taken away

FLUFFYLEGS
Contributor
Contributor

Suddenly had Pay After Delivery option taken away.  Used it for a couple of years, never had any problems with a transaction.  Paypal can't really answer, just saying that it is not always an option, but this is not true.  Tiresome people.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FLUFFYLEGS 

PAD is between you and Paypal. The seller is unaware you are using it as they are still credited the funds in advance. No seller would post an item before being paid.
Funds leave your account at 14 days in which time your item 'may and normally has' arrived however you don't actually have anymore 'buyer protection' than any other buyer.
Its basically a 14 days interest free loan provided by Paypal. BUT its not offered on every transaction and you can only use it when it is, I guess thats down to paypals cash flow status at the time of your transaction and the fact they are probably unable to have the staff to process those transactions at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

FLUFFYLEGS
Contributor
Contributor

I know exactly how it works; been using it for 2 years now.  I'm suddenly not allowed to use this option for a purchase when I have never had a problem with any transactions.  Customer Service can't give me a decent answer to the question, other than saying the option may not always be available.  Well it always has to me.  Very poor service.  And I don't appreciate your patronising reply.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@FLUFFYLEGS 

Wow, how rude.

So glad i gave up my time to respond to your post to try and help you....NOT.

I give that full reply because sadly i am not endowed with the power of telepathy and have no idea how much you understand how it works.

Others have said 'thank you' as they thought it was offered by the seller and not paypal.

Also i have told you why its not always offered, its there for you IN BIG BOLD LETTERS.

Companies make LOANS dependent on their cash flow and at this time their cash flow is probably much reduced hence its not offered.

Seems not only do you not understand how it works, you can't understand explanations on why its not offered either....hence your rudeness.

Trying saving up for things then you won't have to rely on loans.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.