Pay After Delivery Not Working - Paid Late

Zrost
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I chose recently to pay a few things using PAD because it was my default option, I hadn't really paid any attention and would have rather paid on the spot (my money comes and goes faster than anything) but instead paid using PAD. I have paypal on my email that I frequent very less and didn't realise payment wasn't taken out.

Anyways the morale of this story is that I paid Paypal a day after I received a negative balance because I was short £5 of the purchase. The negative balance has obviously been cleared and have spent a houndred or two on paypal since then (a week/two ago) except I received a late letter from my bank stating money was declined. Obviously this was due to the payments that had now been paid but I am now slighly worried... what has happened and how does this affect my record?

Also will PAD ever be re-opened on my account?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Conor

Hi Zrost,

Thanks for posting and please try not to worry.

Allowing your PayPal account to go negative will not effect your credit rating unless the negative balance exists for an extended period of time.

It sounds to me like you rectified this problem as soon as you possibly could so there is no need for concern here.

To answer your second query, a declined bank payment can sometimes lead to the Pay After Delivery feature being temporarily

disabled but you should find the option is enabled again after you complete a number of successful bank payments.

I hope that puts your mind at ease Zrost and have a great evening Smiley Happy

Conor

Login to Me Too

Zrost
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Connor,

Thanks so much for your response! It has made me sleep easier 😄

I would just like to know how I could check if there has been a credit rating... as the bank did in fact mail me a letter telling me I failed to pay for a purchase (did not receive negative balance with Barclays as they refused it) and Paypal did in fact email me several times so just want to triple check if anything has permanently affected my record.

Thanks so much for your help though! 🙂

Login to Me Too

ahirshfield
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I am experiencing exactly the same problem at the moment due to a couple of rejected payments. As with your case I settled a negative PayPal balance immediately but found Pay After Delivery and pay using bank account was no longer available. How long did it take for the feature to become available again after you resolved the issue? Also, how can someone make ‘a number of successful bank payments’ when that option is no longer available? Does the advisor mean withdrawals in and out of the account via PayPal? Hoping you receive this post and still remember the details from your case. All the best, Adam
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ahirshfield

When you pay a seller from your bank account by instant transfer OR pay after delivery then paypal credit the seller in advance for you and paypal take the risk of waiting for your funds to transfer from your bank account.

BUT they only take that 'risk' if your account stays solvent, if you have a failed transaction then they may remove your right to PAD and useage of your bank account and for their safety only use a card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

kierendaniel
New Community Member
Does any one know how long you have to rectify a rejected payment before they disable the PAD function? I am in the same predicament as the OP. Thanks
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kierendaniel 

re my post above yours.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.