Pathetic Customer Service

alians07
Contributor
Contributor

You guys have pathetic and horrible customer representative. This is a big flaw. 

Issue in brief: Not able to order through ebay for 2 days.

1. Reps have no manners on how to talk or respond. Zero listening skills with no feedback whether hearing me or not (I talked two of them - same thing).

2. Reps had no idea on what was happening with the account

3. Reps were simply blaming others, but not finding the solutions to the same problem.

- First guy told me the seller's paypal account had unusual activity so we are not able to process your transactions. The seller is telling me that his account is fine and has been receiving orders which appear on Ebay website. 

- Second lady (I called other day) tells me my paypal account is not authorized so my account is getting declined. I was told that this was because I removed a debit card on the account. Seriously? you edit payment method and account activity get declined? Plus I removed a debit card on 2nd day - what about the first day? Above all, she was dumb and stupid and simply giving me invalid explanation and trying to hang up...seriously customer service? 

Overall, very bad customer service from you guys....certainly my issue has not yet solved. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alians07 

Software run things these days so the security system has a mind of its own in some ways and people can only guess at what is wrong so it got to be the software pulling these glitches. If A happens, Then B, etc. Very clinical and precise, limited flexibility. Then customer service can't go in and alter the software to unblock you. It's all automated.

Was reading in Bloomberg Business about this very issue a few months back. AI can't explain their decision and that's the next frontier for technology to tackle. 

That said, if you keep repeating failed actions, the system will lock up and think someone is doing something funky. Perhaps leave it all alone for a few days time so the security system can reset and try again then. 

Even try clearing your browser cache, PayPal cookies and restart your device and then trying the purchase again.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

alians07
Contributor
Contributor

I followed up again after the post. 

I started with how unhappy I was with the situation. I was tired of trying figure out where the problem originated and what's actually causing the problem currently. 

This third rep looked into the details and told me that my transactions were automatically declined due to repeated attempts (AI programming). He was not able to tell how long this AI will blacklist this transaction. His recommendation was to simply stop any transaction currently for next few days. Also, try another seller. 

I understand the situation. However, this is not how PayPal should handle the process. There should be some override option to allow transaction after confirming transactions were actually attempted by the user. I understand PayPal provide security here; but, this comes at quite a bit of inconvenience for users. In my case, I cannot order from the same seller. Not the way to do the business. 

Login to Me Too

alians07
Contributor
Contributor

Follow up ....

Same bull-**bleep** with 5th rep told me everything is cleared. I am back to normal and the transaction should go. 

I called my bank to pre-notify about the transaction and attempted to repurchase. ....as usual paypal acted up again.

I called 6th rep ...same **bleep**...try new seller/use your cc (dont use paypal)....remarkably rude...telling me paypal is just protecting your money in a very rude manner....and didn't knew a **bleep** about anything else...didn't knew why paypal was acting like this. 

Very disappointed in PayPal overall...very very disappointed in custom service (located somewhere in Philippines)...there is literally no use of Paypal if things go wrong. ....apparently it is all AI based and there are no real thinking people to fix the **bleep**. 

Login to Me Too

alians07
Contributor
Contributor

Is there anyone on the PayPal to help out? 

I am told that PayPal will not be able to process the transactions because stupid dumb AI thought it is risky. Risky how? All three sellers are top rated and 99.9% positive feedback and are currently selling TVs on regular basis. 

Options stupid PayPal representative give me: 

1. Try different seller? Did that 

2. Try different account? Did that - used my bro-in-law's account didn't work either.

3. Try Ebay directly? Did that - Ebay relies on stupid PayPal to process transactions. 

4. Contact seller directly and choose entirely different method - Are you **bleep**ing kidding me? 

PayPal AI is dumber than I thought and on top of that there is no override to it. Above that, there is no support system - there is stupid customer service that about it...No technical support or anything...I doubt there are any real solution providers on this forum....

Anyone? Quite frustrating

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.