Paid to the wrong email

stevebrondel
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

This evening I accidentally paid a sum of money into the wrong email addressed account. The email addresses were very similar and when I've tried to contact the recipient the mistaken/wrong email address doesn't exist. I could of been sick and I've no idea how to rectify this error. Can I somehow reclaim this money as is was sent in error.

Steve 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stevebrondel

What does it say next to the transaction in your Paypal account?

1. Pending / Unclaimed.
2. Pending / Unclaimed with a cancel option.
3. Completed / Sent.
4. Pending / Uncleared.
5. Pending awaiting authorisation.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

stevebrondel
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, It’s says completed! And I cannot email the account as it says there is no such account.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stevebrondel

If its completed then it has been sent to an email address that is linked to a paypal account, if it wasn't it would show as unclaimed.

So if you paid via friends / family then your only option would be to contact your card issuer and see if they will help you chargeback.

If you paid via goods / services then you can file a dispute for non receipt of item and as that 'email address' has nothing to send you then you should win the dispute.

IF however they decide to send 'something' trackable to keep the funds then if you do receive something immediately change the dispute to 'recieved but not as described' so that you can still get a refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.