PLEASE ADD A FUNDING SOURCE

aca99srbb
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to pay a transaction, already have a preferred card and just made another payment earlier.

paypal keeps on asking me to add a funding source, even if i add another card it just keeps on asking to add another card.

@kernowlass 

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

aca99srbb
Contributor
Contributor

any help here? bump

i still cant use paypal services

please someone reply who had same problem

Login to Me Too

I have been having the same problem with my visa gift card. I linked the gift card to paypal and and I go to checkout a red pop-up says and I quote: "There is no funding source added to your PayPal account. Please add a card to continue." I have been trying to troubleshoot this problem for 3 days now and nothing seemed to work. Sorry for not having any answers to help you out.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @aca99srbb,

I'm sorry to hear that the transaction you're trying to make is prompting you for a different payment method. It sounds like the cards that are being added are getting declined. This can happen for several reasons. Please take a look at this article for some things to check.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

aca99srbb
Contributor
Contributor
No it didnt help, i check everything and all is good, i confirmed my card and its like i can use paypal to send money only ONCE in 24h.. every other time i want to send money, please add a funding source......... Is there a difference when i send money via paypal balance and via credit card? Ty for ur help
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Gwen

Hi @aca99srbb,

Thanks for following up. Generally speaking, there isn't a different when you send money via PayPal balance versus a credit card, however, from what you've described it sounds like you're running into our security system. It sounds like we'd want to take a closer look into this, so to avoid sharing personal information over a public forum I would recommend reaching out to us through either Facebook or Twitter, or you can always go to the bottom of any PayPal page and click "Help" or "Contact."

Thanks,
Gwen

Login to Me Too

aca99srbb
Contributor
Contributor
I spoke with live agent, they said they r going to reset my system and i should wait 48h.. 55h passed and mine paypal still dont work.. this is like the worst service because i cant use NEW paypal, new credit card.. this is unbelievable
Login to Me Too

ntdong
Contributor
Contributor

I Have same problem. I link 2 cards, same problem. Only once time I can send then "Please add a funding resource".

Login to Me Too

TiMESPLiNTER
New Community Member

Same for me. I have confirmed a credit card using 4-digit the transaction code.

Still if I try to send money to a business PayPal account I get "Add a funding source..."

Login to Me Too

Mazana
New Community Member

Hi Paypal,

I have the same issue. Successfully linked and provided code but it keeps on showing please add a funding source.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.