PAYPAL IN CABO VERDE (CAPE VERDE)

Adi29
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Can someone please tell me why I cannot have the option to create a Paypal Company account to receive payments in Cape Verde?

When I choose Paypal Cape Verde, it only gives me the option of having a personal account. Why? How can I receive money by Paypal here?

So, I created an account in another country and received money from my client without any problems. But, of course, I cannot link a Cape Verdean bank to this Paypal account because I created it outside of Cape Verde. Therefore, the money I received cannot be withdrawn here.

So, I ended up creating my second account (personal account in Cape Verde) and tried to send the money I have on Paypal from the first account, however when trying to make the transfer the message I receive is as follows: This email/acount can only receive payments on their website!

Please, what can i do to receive money here using Paypal?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Adi29 

The option to 'receive' paypal payments is sadly not available in Cape Verde.
You can only 'send' payments for purchases.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive paypal payments.

https://www.paypal.com/ga/webapps/mpp/ua/residence-full

Also its against paypal rules to open and try and use another countries paypal account.

And again you are only allowed 2 paypal accounts if x1 is business and the other x1 is personal, if you have x2 personal accounts you risk both being limited.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Adi29 

The option to 'receive' paypal payments is sadly not available in Cape Verde.
You can only 'send' payments for purchases.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive paypal payments.

https://www.paypal.com/ga/webapps/mpp/ua/residence-full

Also its against paypal rules to open and try and use another countries paypal account.

And again you are only allowed 2 paypal accounts if x1 is business and the other x1 is personal, if you have x2 personal accounts you risk both being limited.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Adi29
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.