cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYMENT PENDING STATUS, THERE IS NO CANCEL OPTION, SELLER WON'T ACKNOWLEDGE THE PAYMENT

SOLVED
Contributor

PAYMENT PENDING STATUS, THERE IS NO CANCEL OPTION, SELLER WON'T ACKNOWLEDGE THE PAYMENT

Hi, please help me. I am getting frustrated. I was placing my order on Book Depository but there was a notice that Paypal declined payment, maybe due to  I changed the delivery address. So I thought the transaction was cancelled. But when I check my Paypal account, it is stated that payment is pending.  There is no Cancel option or Refund. Paypal stated that if there is no Cancel, payment was already made to the Seller. Im contacting Book Depository many times but they said that they could be of no further assistance. The amount was debited in my bank account. I do not know where my money went, please help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Esteemed Advisor

Re: PAYMENT PENDING STATUS, THERE IS NO CANCEL OPTION, SELLER WON'T ACKNOWLEDGE THE PAYMENT

@Kippermew 

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment. 

Advice is voluntarily given.
Kudos / Solution appreciated if I helped you.
6 REPLIES 6
Esteemed Advisor

Re: PAYMENT PENDING STATUS, THERE IS NO CANCEL OPTION, SELLER WON'T ACKNOWLEDGE THE PAYMENT

@Kippermew 

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment. 

Contributor

Hello! Thank you very much for your response! May I ask what do you mean by this: "then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment. " Does it mean I can get my money back? Im sorry im new to paypal. Thank you very much for your help and assistance.
Esteemed Advisor

@Kippermew 

Yes, pending funds are released BUT if you were funding it from a bank account or card then the pending status should show on there.

If so then contact your bank and they should be able to release the funds for you if you say that the company will not be capturing them.

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi! Thank you very much for your response. Im sorry I think I have failed to state the matter clearly. There is a pending payment in my paypal account, and the amount was already charged in my bank. It means that the payment was already sent to Book Depository, but they wont accept my payment. Paypal said that Book depository need to manually accept my payment so the order can be completed, but Book Depository said that they cant help me with that, even claimed that they cannot accept or deny my payment. My question is, how can I get my money back? There is no cancel option in the pending payment status. Again, thank you very much for your response. Im getting frustrated amd stressed because BD wont cooperate, I do not know how I can get my money back. Hope you could help me with this.
Esteemed Advisor

@Kippermew 

In that case the funds if not accepted should be released back to your funding source at 30 days.

Contributor

Okay I understand now. Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it. Have a nice day!