PAYMENT PENDING STATUS, THERE IS NO CANCEL OPTION, SELLER WON'T ACKNOWLEDGE THE PAYMENT

Kippermew
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, please help me. I am getting frustrated. I was placing my order on Book Depository but there was a notice that Paypal declined payment, maybe due to  I changed the delivery address. So I thought the transaction was cancelled. But when I check my Paypal account, it is stated that payment is pending.  There is no Cancel option or Refund. Paypal stated that if there is no Cancel, payment was already made to the Seller. Im contacting Book Depository many times but they said that they could be of no further assistance. The amount was debited in my bank account. I do not know where my money went, please help me.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kippermew 

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kippermew 

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is often pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Kippermew
Contributor
Contributor
Hello! Thank you very much for your response! May I ask what do you mean by this: "then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment. " Does it mean I can get my money back? Im sorry im new to paypal. Thank you very much for your help and assistance.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kippermew 

Yes, pending funds are released BUT if you were funding it from a bank account or card then the pending status should show on there.

If so then contact your bank and they should be able to release the funds for you if you say that the company will not be capturing them.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Kippermew
Contributor
Contributor
Hi! Thank you very much for your response. Im sorry I think I have failed to state the matter clearly. There is a pending payment in my paypal account, and the amount was already charged in my bank. It means that the payment was already sent to Book Depository, but they wont accept my payment. Paypal said that Book depository need to manually accept my payment so the order can be completed, but Book Depository said that they cant help me with that, even claimed that they cannot accept or deny my payment. My question is, how can I get my money back? There is no cancel option in the pending payment status. Again, thank you very much for your response. Im getting frustrated amd stressed because BD wont cooperate, I do not know how I can get my money back. Hope you could help me with this.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kippermew 

In that case the funds if not accepted should be released back to your funding source at 30 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Kippermew
Contributor
Contributor
Okay I understand now. Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it. Have a nice day!
Login to Me Too

Tammyfoster
Contributor
Contributor
I just want wat i ordered and paid for it keeps giving me the run around no phone number that works n wont except my e mails or messages it was a bed for 89.95
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tammyfoster 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Tammyfoster
Contributor
Contributor
How us my payment pending it was taken outa my checking acct soon as i ordered my item i have the reciept invoice# everything im.out money n cant get no info or wat i ordered
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.