PAD

ebyer78
New Community Member

Hello was wondering if anybody can help me, i have been reading through some post and some say the PAD option was stopping end of Feb 2018 however i have recently signed up for PAD, but never get the option to pay using it, i don't understand why i would get invited to use this service if it was no longer available? also does anybody know where i can use PAD on what stores, as i did email Paypal and all i got was depends if the merchant accepts that payment method. Thank you in advance. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ebyer78

Yes its still available in the UK and I have heard nothing about it being stopped.

You can use it wherever Paypal offer it. It has nothing to do with the sellers, they are still paid in advance as no seller would send an item before being paid.

All it does is give you a 14 day interest free loan in which time your item 'may' have arrived.

I guess it depends on Paypals cash flow at the time of your transaction as to whether you can use it or not.

Personally I don't bother as I prefer the extra buyer protection you get by funding your Paypal account via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ebyer78
New Community Member

Ok thank you so much for getting back to me, strange the reply i got from Paypal saying depends if the merchant accepts it. I have tried to purchase a few things from Ebay and not once as this option been a way to pay don't understand why the asked me did i want to activate it. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ebyer78

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/pay-after-delivery-terms

Where You and the item purchased are eligible for PAD, which shall be determined at PayPal's sole discretion, you may choose the PAD payment option at the time of purchase.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.