Overnal SA

Angminor
New Community Member

What is this? I was charged by Overnal sa and don’t know who they are ?

Login to Me Too
57 REPLIES 57

Karayasatahala
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Aneekebeth, I’m sorry this happened to you at a time when finances are so hard. I’m trying to get to the bottom of this, myself. In my single product order with Shapermint/Overnel SA, I was not overcharged because I caught the issue on PayPal when personally reviewing my accounting details. I happened to see how it was set up to renew automatic payments monthly so I immediately deactivated it before I was charged again. Unfortunately, this is an issue which PayPal cannot resolve in a dispute because it originates from how Shapermint links their checkout process with PayPal. When you go to complete your order via PayPal from Shapermint’s site, there is actually a fine print description you are agreeing to around the method in how ‘automatic renewal payments’ will be pulled from your PayPal account monthly. (Bank, credit card...etc) This is the stage most people overlook for a one time purchase: it should never include this fine print. And it happens when most people just want to get the process over with, so don’t even notice it or read it. If this happens during any checkout process and you complete it, you have essentially agreed to the ‘automatic payment’ terms Shapermint has set up, and PayPal is powerless to reimburse you. This is how the “scam” essentially works. I am not convinced that Shapermint/Overnel SA is innocent here because their customer service told me weeks ago that they were investigating this issue yet it is still happening to unsuspecting people like you. I have just posted a Trust Pilot review alerting the public to details of this. Please consider doing the same, it’s important. While you may not get your money back this time around, you can certainly help spare others from this BS by sharing your experience, warning others not to make the same mistake. This company should not be able to get away with this. Their customer service ‘ “niceness’ makes it seem like ripping off customers with ‘automatic payments’ is just an accidental, big ‘oops, sorry!’ leading you to believe they are going to make it all right, that it’s a technical glitch or something. In their response to my Trust Pilot review, they actually say, ‘we’re not what you think’. Um, huh???? So, you have a glitch that robs people of their money and it’s not your fault??!!!!! The fact that they haven’t yet resolved this proves that some slippery business is going on behind the scenes of their seams. Thank you for sharing your experience here. The word needs to go out far and wide.
Login to Me Too

Natalia5539
Contributor
Contributor

If you've ordered anything from Shapermint, their charges come up as "Overnel SA" but for some reason they're set up as "automatic" payment.  All you need to do is cancel the automatic payment option.   I only found that out today and canceled the automatic payment option but I wasn't charged for anything more than my original purchases that I did almost 2 month ago.

Login to Me Too

Bambibo
Contributor
Contributor
I just ordered from them and then saw the PayPal dishonesty on trust pilot I have immediately deactivated the automatic payment I hope this is enough
Login to Me Too

swillisfrank
Contributor
Contributor
What a scam process the automatic billing is. I hope I cancelled prior to more than one transaction. Does anyone get the products shapermint was selling? Please let me know if the product was worth all the scamming.
Login to Me Too

samsontheleo
New Community Member

I believe this was from when i bought some bras from, shapermint.com. Hope this helps

Login to Me Too

n1ccademus
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered 1 item from Shapermint, and I used Paypal for the payment method. I was billed for that purchase $30.40 with the transaction description - Overnal SA "payment" 
Immediately after that, there is another transaction with a different amount of $30.02 with the transaction description - Overnal SA "automatic payment" 
I did NOT order a second duplicate product. During the check out before letting me continue to "place order" I was asked, would you like to add another of the same item at a reduced price? (I don't remember the exact amount - roughly $19).
The choice of answers was "yes add to order" and in much smaller print "No thanks, I'd rather pay more" - I selected "No thanks, I'd rather pay more."
After selecting "No thanks, I'd rather pay more" - a second pop up appeared asking the same question, would you like to add another of the same item? (now at an even lower reduced price than the first time- roughly $12).
Again the choice of answers was "yes add to order" and in much smaller print -"No thanks. I'd rather pay more" Again I selected "No thanks, I'd rather pay more" only then did it allow me to proceed to checkout.
I have two sperate emails from Shapermint confirming my item has shipped each with a different tracking number.
I have not received anything yet. I did not sign up for any subscription or autopay. I do not want a duplicate product. I declined the offer to do so that was pushed on me more than once at check out.
I dispute the second charge and I am requesting that it refunded to my bank account.
Furthermore, after reading 89 other comments in PayPal Community where the exact thing happens to each of us - it seems apparent that Shapermint is deliberately and knowingly setting customers "one-time product purchase as "automatic payment."
I reported the second transaction as unauthorized to PayPal

Login to Me Too

Prettygirl1
Did this get resolved? I’m trying to dispute the charges. I too only authorized a one time payment. I’ve been automatically charged 4 times but just noticing. Shapermint is a SCAM!!! 🤬
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Prettygirl1 

Check if you had a subscription set up...

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
Hi 👋🏻 all, FFIRST, DO NOT ALLOW THIS OVERNELSA TO CHARGE YOU ANYTHING. DECLINE AND DISPUTE RIGHT AWAY. AABD WATCH YOUR PERSONAL BANK ACCOUNTS VERY CLOSELY!!! DON’T FALL INTO THEIR TRAP !! I’m SIMPLY BAFFLED that PayPal actually added 2 charges from this mysterious OVERNELSA. THAT IS SOME NERVE!!! No worries folks my lawyers are all over this and I encourage you all to take this to a class action ASAP!!! Before they take way to much $$$$ from us poor working class people. ALSO , super angry at PayPal for yet not taking an interest in explaining who exactly is this overnelSA. On top of it PayPal or overnel decided on their own without even giving me any input or asking first and explaining what is this overnel charging me for $12 and some change and $14 and some change. The only answer I got is that is a membership. MEMVERDHIP TO WHAT? I never agreed to any membership. I let them move the charges this month from my personal bank account to take the “membership” charge from my paypal accounts NOT MY PERSONAL SAVINGS BANK ACCOUNT!!!!! YES, they pulled money from my savings account -which I NEVER USE OR PROVIDED TO PAYPAL OR OVERNELSA- that is mostly always empty. Needles to say they caused me 2 dings of $35 per charge because of what PayPal/OVERNELSA did with those 2 charges my personal bank account was overdrawn. SO IMAGINE MY ANGER?! In conclusion, A class action is in the works from my father’s law firm and hopefully PAYPAL learns its lessons of being all so nonchalant and careless with people hard earned money!! I’m calling them as soon as I press send here and I’m giving them this call as the last chance to adjust their ”attitude”. Before I give my dad’s law firm the go ahead.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Anonymous_User 

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.