Ordering on some websites doesn't allow using my debit card

WitchyCatLady
Contributor
Contributor

Hello there,

I was trying to buy on Killstar and I can't proceed to the payment, Paypal is asking to add a new debit or credit card. The problem here is that I don't have a credit card. Going weirder, on some websites it works and that's it. I can use it on Uber, Uber eat, PlayStation Store and many other places. I don't know what to do and I don't want to get a pre-paid credit card.

Thanks for helping me

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Jadz4u
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @WitchyCatLady, I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble completing your payment, there are possible reasons why it won't go through, you can check this out for more info: https://www.paypal.com/ca/smarthelp/article/why-won't-my-payment-go-through-faq3272 Hope it helps! Thanks!
Login to Me Too

WitchyCatLady
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, saddly I don't have a credit card. I was able to use my paypal on uber and on other website but now none of them work and there is no cc to link to the account. I don't get it. It use to work last week and now for the same thing it doesnt work. I don't know how it is in your country rn but I wont go out just to buy a prepaid credit card. So is there any other ways to bypass this stupid "its missing a payment metjod on your account". Please.
Login to Me Too

Jadz4u
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @WitchyCatLady, almost the same situation with @rawbay, since our security is quite complex, there are some transaction that its going to request another payment method to be added. Not because it does not recognize or won't read your card that's already there. But due to some other reasons as well. Please check this article for more info: https://www.paypal.com/ca/smarthelp/article/my-payment-was-declined.-why-can%E2%80%99t-i-make-or-sen...

hope this helps!

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution, thanks!

Login to Me Too

rawbay
Contributor
Contributor

hi @Jadz4u thanks for your link, unfortunately nothing helpful there.

this problem presents itself to me as well from time to time. in between i'm using paypal just fine, it's seemingly random.

trying to transfer money to a merchant, knowing i have a sufficiently topped-up paypal balance as a funding source (or in @WitchyCatLady 's case, the debit card). the merchants website takes me to paypal where i'm presented the request to "Please add a credit card to complete your purchase."

this used to happen to me when having insufficient funds, but there's no reason for paypal to ask for a credit card in this case, is there?

thanks for looking in to it

rawbay

Login to Me Too

Jadz4u
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @rawbay, yes you're correct these happen due to our complex security in line to protect our customers. According to the article I've provided above, that at times if our system needs more confirmation before a transaction to go through a security check is needed in the account to proceed. And also this can be done through the help of our customer support, which you can reach out at the moment through chat by logging in and going to contact us section and look for the chat option. 

Hope this helps! 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution, thanks!

Login to Me Too

rawbay
Contributor
Contributor

hey @Jadz4u thanks for your reply. i remember that line in the link you posted. i will keep that in mind and look for a chat-option, which doesn't seem to pe a ui-suggested alternative to adding a new card. but i'll try next time.

as i cannot replicate the error right now, i can only assume this problem solved. plus, i did not open this thread. so, kudos only 🙂

thank you

rawbay

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.