Order not complete but paypal charged

Kaykay4
Contributor
Contributor

Good evening everyone. I'm a little confused. I tried to order with Victoria Secret. I made a few attempts to process and this is the message that i received "We weren't able to process your order using PayPal. Please choose another form of payment to continue your order." Paypal however has thanked me for my order and specifies that money will not be taken from my account until my order has been processed. I really want the items and am willing to make the order using another form of payment however i am afraid that paypal charges once the order has been processed even though i have used another form of payment.  

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Drew

Hi @Kaykay4

I completely understand why you would have this fear if the order still shows as pending on your PayPal account. Orders can stay pending for up to 30 days and it is up to the merchant to cancel or complete an order. If you have called Victoria Secret and they do not show an order, you would be fine. You'd always want to reach out to the merchant to clarify this. Also, if someone on their staff can access their PayPal account they could go into the transactions and cancel the order as well. 

- Drew

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Drew

Hi @Kaykay4

I completely understand why you would have this fear if the order still shows as pending on your PayPal account. Orders can stay pending for up to 30 days and it is up to the merchant to cancel or complete an order. If you have called Victoria Secret and they do not show an order, you would be fine. You'd always want to reach out to the merchant to clarify this. Also, if someone on their staff can access their PayPal account they could go into the transactions and cancel the order as well. 

- Drew

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.