Option of paying with Paypal balance is gone

rayasp
New Community Member

Hi all, I was attempting to buy something online and use the funds in my Paypal account but it was going to withdraw from another account.  The option to use the funds that are already in my Paypal account has disappeared. Has the option to do that not been completely eliminated or am I missing a setting somewhere?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

HLF19
Contributor
Contributor

I came here wondering about this too.  When printing a shipping label for ebay, I usually count on that money being taken out of the purchase amount but the last time I only noticed after I went to transfer that money that the entire payment amount was still there and the money for the label apparently was taken out of my linked account.  I really prefer being able to use the money from the payment for the label and not out of my account before the money can be transferred, so I'm hoping there is still a way to do this or is the new way the only option available now?  

I don't understand why we wouldn't be able to use the actual money directly in our paypal accounts as we always have been able to, so I'm hoping I'm just missing something and that someone may be able to help.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @rayasp, @HLF19

Thanks for reaching out on our Community Help Forum! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues printing shipping labels. There may be a few contributing factors to this, but it sounds like the funds that came for the purchase are possibly on hold. Here's a Help Center article that should give you all the info you need about payment holds and their release requirements. 

If you use the eBay shipping feature (eBay Pay Later) to purchase USPS labels for orders less than $50, up to $15 of your buyer's payment will be immediately available to cover shipping costs. For orders that exceed $50, up to 30% of your buyer’s payment will be immediately available to cover shipping costs.

If you don’t use the eBay shipping feature and there isn’t enough money in your PayPal balance, you will need to use another payment method to cover shipping costs.

Note:

• Tracking information uploads automatically when you print shipping labels through eBay.
  • For reimbursement with eBay shipping, you must use USPS domestic or First Class international labels.

Hope that clears it up! Best wishes selling!

Cheers,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.