One-time ship address marked Confirmed??

Rick216
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an auto part on eBay, paid for with PayPal, and added the repair shop's address so I could have it shipped directly there -- the first time I had ever done this.  On PayPal's email confirmation of the purchase I was surprised to see that the shop's address was marked Confirmed.  Why would that be?.  It is certainly not a billing address for one of my credit cards...same zip code, but that's it.

BTW, I after buying the item I also received a text message from PayPal saying I would have to text Yes to authorize the payment (which I did) before the transaction would go through.  I had never seen that before either.  Did it happen because I recently confirmed my phone number (at PayPal's suggestion)?  Will I have to send a text authorization on *every* eBay purchase now?  I wouldn't like that because -- as amazing as it may sound to some people 🙂 -- I don't *always* have my phone with me at the same time I have a computer for placing an order.

(Sorry about going OT on my own post!  The question about the unexpectedly Confirmed address is the main one.)

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

you said you added the repair shop address to your shipping address in your Paypal account and this address shares the same zipcode,is there a street number?

if not,then it becomes confirmed due to same zipcode.

it does not matter anymore if the address is confirmed or not confirmed for the seller,he must ship to the address in the Paypal payment notice to get Paypal seller protection. 

Login to Me Too

Rick216
Contributor
Contributor

Interesting.  Maybe the information at the PayPal link below is out of date?  Given what I experienced maybe your explanation is more current.  Fyi, the same-zip  ship-to address does have a street number (different than mine).

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/shipping-address-outside

Also, if anyone has any thoughts regarding the authorization-needed text, that would be appreciated too.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.