One Touch skipped a step?

Lilycart191
Contributor
Contributor

I have used One Touch for quite some time and after clicking on the 'Pay with Paypal' button, I get redirected to a PayPal page which shows the summary of my purchase and a button to click for the payment to go through.  Last night I made a purchase and chose to 'Check out using PayPal' and I wanted to check the shipping cost before I actually paid, but the screen just went to 'Thank you for your order'.  I received an email from PaypPl confirming my purchase so everything else was normal, I just didn't get the summary/confirmation screen pop up prior to payment.  Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Lilycart191,

I'm sorry that the checkout you were using had a different flow than expected. Merchants' checkouts may vary. Is it possible that the shipping charge was shown at a different point in the order process than where you expected it to be?

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Lilycart191
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Olivia,

No it definately went straight from the 'pay by Paypal button' to 'Congratulations you have placed your order.'  It has just done it again  on a different site so I'll just switch off the One Touch as I like to confirm everything before I pay.  Thank you, 

Login to Me Too

Lilycart191
Contributor
Contributor

And here's a further strange thing, I went to turn off One Touch and it told me it wasn't activated!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Lilycart191,

That's definitely strange! If you've been using it for a while, it should show as activated. Were you able to get it turned off? I would try turning it on and then turning it off just to make sure that the "off" action is sent last.

If you continue to have difficulty, please contact customer service to allow a representative to collect your information to use to make a report to our technicians.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

Thank you!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Lilycart191
Contributor
Contributor

Hi again,

I switched the option on then off again and checked it was off.  Hours later I made a purchase using Paypal and it did it again - went straight from 'Choose payment method' to 'Thank you for your purchase' without going to the PayPal screen.  I think I will use another  payment method for a while!

Thank you for your help.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Lilycart191,

I'm really sorry to hear about this. Did you make a transaction in between? If the option to turn One Touch on was checked in a transaction, the feature would be reengaged.

If not, please consider reporting it to customer service so it can be forwarded to technicians for review.

Thank you!

Olivia

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.