One PayPal Account linked to Multiple Websites

kmiro_82
New Community Member

Hi Everyone!

Thanks in advance.

I've been on this for a few and I can't seem to find a definitely clear answer.

Would I be able to use the same PayPal Business Account (US) for multiple websites at the same time?

Say I have AA.com, BB.com, CC.com all selling different products, would I be able to use my one & only PayPal business account for all?

I hope my question's clear, I'm oh so confused and worried.

Thanks!

K

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

jayplanes
New Community Member

Cannot be done. Paypal is a very basic payment gateway. You will have to create one account for each web site.

Each account should have its own email, and bank account.  I have tried one account with different websites, does not work.

An easy way for paypal is to let merchant accounts have multiple customer contact emails and different payment receipts for each site.  But that involves 5 years of engineering for a few clients. So they will not do it. Neither will any of the other payment gateways.

Login to Me Too

Phil99
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I made a test on mydomain.com and subdomain.mydomain.com yesterday.

Buying on mydomain.com returned me automatically to the "thank you page, payment completed + follow instructions".

Testing buying (sandbox) on subdomain returned me to my subdomain "thank you page... + different instructions because its another website".

Now I just tried "Live" with same Paypal keys as my main domain and it works perfect.

Can someone tell me why some people says its impossible, you need 2 accounts, and others say and prove you can. (?)

That's why its so confusing to find the right answer actually.

Is there a risk of Paypal saying one day "oh you have 2 websites we cut one of the 2"?

Thanks for your help.

Have a good day.

Login to Me Too

prakk46
Contributor
Contributor

I understand you use one paypal account on multiple websites. So you are using Paypal Standard Checkout or Paypal Express Checkout?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.