Oath Holdings. What is it.

Dubb47
New Community Member

Just got charged $19.95 in a preapproved bill from Oath Holdings....Anyone see this before?

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

malayagrove
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you!
Login to Me Too

Contributor
Contributor
I just got charged $20.00 by Oath Holding. When I filed a complaint with PayPal, they said that it was a recurring charge. NO WAY! Have no idea what charge is for. PayPal send me an email saying that they cancelled FURTHER charges. WHAT further charges???
Login to Me Too

malayagrove
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks! That probably explains it...
Login to Me Too

Jennaw52

I’m new here. I was also charged 34.99 for this Oath holdings. Where do I find the answer?

Thanks,    Jenna

Login to Me Too

kimphoto
Contributor
Contributor

view this

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/13/15791784/verizon-yahoo-acquisition-complete-marissa-mayer-leaves

if you had a Yahoo or AOL or another company that Verizon bought and had a recurring charge. I have a Yahoo pro mail account and that is my recurring charge. price did go up from $20 to $35 annually 

Login to Me Too

Bunny74
Contributor
Contributor
I found this: "Legal research tools from Casetext Search all cases and statutes... In re Oath Holdings Inc. 3 Citing cases High 5 Games, LLC v. Marks Civil Action No. 13-7161 (D.N.J. Aug. 9, 2019) Cited 1 times Show less Concluding that plaintiff failed to plead sufficient facts demonstrating personal jurisdiction over entities by virtue of an agency relationship, where it pleaded no facts demonstrating financial dependency or that the parent company interfered with the other entities' operations Whether a party waived or forfeited its right to assert an improper venue defense is also governed by Federal Circuit law. In re Oath Holdings Inc., 908 F.3d 1301, 1305 (Fed. Cir. 2018). The patent venue statute provides that venue is only proper "in the judicial district where the defendant resides, or where the defendant has committed acts of infringement and has a regular and established place of business." Almondnet, Inc. v. Oath Holdings, Inc. 16-CV-1557 (E.D.N.Y. Dec. 5, 2018) In the determination of the second petition for a writ of mandamus filed by the Defendant, the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit held that "under § 1406(a), the district court now must either dismiss the case or transfer the case to a district or division in which it could have been brought." In re Oath Holdings, — F.3d —, 2018 WL 5930405 (Fed. Cir. Nov. 14, 2018) (quotation marks omitted). BACKGROUND Columbia Sportswear N. Am., Inc. v. Seirus Innovative Accessories, Inc. 2018-1329 (Fed. Cir. Nov. 13, 2019) Fed. R. Civ. P. 12(g)(2), (h)(1). "[I]ssues of waiver or forfeiture of patent-venue rights under § 1400(b) and § 1406(a) are governed by [Federal Circuit] law," In re Oath Holdings Inc., 908 F.3d 1301, 1305 (Fed. Cir. 2018), and we addressed the circumstances under which a district court can find patent venue waived in In re Micron, 875 F.3d at 1100-01. In Micron, as here, the defendant failed to raise a venue defense contesting that the definition of "resides" in 28 U.S.C. § 1391(b) was trumped by the patent-venue statute, § 1400, in its first motion under Rule 12 but proceeded to do so in a later motion after the Court issued TC Heartland. Noting that controlling precedent precluded a district court from accepting a litigant's objection to venue before TC Heartland, we held that the venue defense was "not 'available'" and that Rule 12's waiver rule was inapplicable. Make your practice more effective and efficient with Casetext’s legal research suite. © 2019 Casetext Inc. Casetext, Inc. and Casetext are not a law firm and do not provide legal advice."
Login to Me Too

SunnyDays
Contributor
Contributor

I keep on receiving spam from 

<removed>

the extension of their email address after the "at" sign is AOL.COM. I was unable to post the entire email address of the offender on this forum.

and their IP address belongs to OATH HOLDINGS

NetRange:       74.6.0.0 - 74.6.255.255
CIDR:           74.6.0.0/16
NetName:        INKTOMI-BLK-6
NetHandle:      NET-74-6-0-0-1
Parent:         NET74 (NET-74-0-0-0-0)
NetType:        Direct Allocation
OriginAS:       AS10310
Organization:   Oath Holdings Inc. (OH-207)
RegDate:        2006-02-13
Updated:        2019-03-22
Ref:            https://rdap.arin.net/registry/ip/74.6.0.0

OrgName:        Oath Holdings Inc.
OrgId:          OH-207
Address:        <removed>
City:           New York
StateProv:      NY
PostalCode:[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]pan>
RegDate:        2018-12-21
Updated:[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]pan>

The text of spam is as follows:

"MY NAME HERE" (edited), hi!
Are you in "MY TOWN NAME HERE" (edited)?

Login to Me Too

jeri_hall
Contributor
Contributor
Me to, 4/26/2020 and 4/29/3020 for $34.99!
Login to Me Too

derjazzpa1
Contributor
Contributor

I just got charged $39.00 plus for something I did not order and it is tied into Yahoo from what I read along with involving phone use with texting etc.  I cancelled with Paypal as soon as possible.  Do the same, because no one has a F ing clue what is going on.

Login to Me Too

Z31
I use Sprint as my carrier and a firewall called NetGuard. It shows Sprint contacting data.flurry.com and the IP addresses are registered to Oath Holdings, for Sprints Voice-mail app. Not sure if Sprint is utilizing services from Verizon Media.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.