ORDERPLUS INTERNATIONAL

endocranial

I cant even begin to think of anything bad enough to say about these dishonest fraudsters.  They steal photos of products they do not have and then cut and paste them to their own site.  My best friend is Chinese and even she is appalled at what they do.  They take your money via Paypal and then send you a piece of rubbish only fit for the bin.  They offered partial refund which I refused and now I have to send the rubbish back to the at my cost to get full refund.  Paypal has told me how to claim postage.  But seriously PAYPAL this forum is on your site, you need to bar these people!  My dear friend is an Instagram influencer with millions of followers, you can bet their name will be out there shortly, for all the wrong reasons.  DISGRACEFUL!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@STH1 

@endocranial 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

Paypal do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The BEST thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

STH1
Contributor
Contributor

Orderplus has pop up ads,which use actual ad copy of legitimate businesses. 
  If you see an ad for a product that seems too good to be true, do an image   search. you will no doubt find a real company that is the victim of copyright and trademark fraud. 
  I ordered a product ,based on an ad ,and received a cheap shoddy item that bore no resemblance to the ad.
I sent a complaint to the  complaints site of the company,but there was no such address. I then made a complaint on Paypal.  I received a message that I could send the item back ,but that mail costs would probably be prohibitive. They offered me a minimal refund if I kept the product . I replied that this was not what I ordered and the use of another companies ad constituted fraud.  They replied with a $2.00 increase .I again declined stating that I expected a full refund and they would absorb the shipping cost, to be in my paypal account before I would send the product back..  I also stated that I was forwarding my concerns to the Genuine company (In the Usa) and to the Hong Kong consumers branch of the Hong Kong Government. 
They Replied once more with the return address,nothing more.
I then escalated my dispute to a claim on Paypal. An investigation was launched and Received a full reimbursement from Paypal.  If you have a problem ,follow these steps:
 1- If you receive a pop up ad on social media be very suspicious. Do an image search.  Have they stolen a        legitimate    ad?   Remember Orderplus uses a huge number of  aliases.
 2-Contact the seller through paypal. Paypal expects this to be the first step. Stae your case fully and clearly.
 3- the seller will noreply with an unacceptable  offer.
 4 - Respond  stating the offer is unacceptable and that the company is committing fraud and theft of trademark. Hong Kong takes this matter very seriously
 5 - Stick to your guns,do not accept anything less than full compensation,including postage for the return.
 6  - Do not agree to anything until the money has  been returned to paypal.
 7 Escalate your complaint to a claim. Paypal will respond with a notice indicating the time they will need to         investigate.
Supply any evidence to paypal,for example ,a copy of the ad from the genuine company .
 Forward your info to the genuine company, and Go to the Government of Hong Kong website. Click for English  if necessary.  Search consumer protection .  Make your case known.  These scammers will not stop until their government takes action. If the Hong Kong authorities say the company is outside their area,check the Chinese government!  Be patient polite and assertive.   

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@STH1 

@endocranial 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

Paypal do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The BEST thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.