Ny

Menace_3cf
Contributor
Contributor
I send money to a friend via text but they haven't received any text or notification to claim the money. How long does this take? On my end it says pending and I also got a email about the transaction but he hasn't received anything..
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Menace_3cf

Pending with a clearance date?

Pending unclaimed?

Pending with a cancel option?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Menace_3cf
Contributor
Contributor
Pending with cancel option. I talk to my friend he hasn't received any notification about the funds only I have
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Menace_3cf

If there is a cancel option then it means that the email address you sent the payment to is non existant.

Either they made a spelling error when they gave you the email address or you did when you entered it to pay for the item.

Could be something as simple as a misplaced dot.

You may as well cancel the payment as its not going anywhere and then check the correct spelling of the email address.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Menace_3cf
Contributor
Contributor
No not email I sent it to his mobile phone number.. Will he recieve a text? And how long will it take? I sent it yesterday and he hasn't recieved anything. Also he doesn't have a paypal account I just sent it to his phone number so I'm wondering if it will work?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Menace_3cf

If you are sending a paypal payment via paypal and he doesn't have a paypal account then no of course he won't receive it  Smiley Frustrated

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.