Not sure what’s happening with my refund

JL_50
Contributor
Contributor
On Thursday the 24th of January I was notified from the original seller that my refund should be completed by now. So I went and looked in my account and it came up in the ‘your activity’ section saying that £225 had been added. Nothing has been added to my account as of yet and it’s not even coming up as pending. Today is the 28th of January and I still nothing’s coming up in my account, it’s still exactly as it was before. Paypal are yet to email me to confirm the completion of the refund so I just wanted to know what’s going on and if I should call paypal up.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JL_50

If you funded the original Paypal payment to the seller with a card then it won't go back to your paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to your card. Paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine, however that varies country to country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JL_50
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there. Thanks for the reply. I believe I paid with my PayPal balance and not through the use of a credit card.
Login to Me Too

JL_50
Contributor
Contributor
Actually sorry. I got it wrong, I paid £210 via my bank and then a further £15 through my PayPal balance. Will the £210 therefore be returned to my bank and the £15 to my paypal?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.