Not receiving verification sms

snuxiig
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, as of about 3 days ago I cannot send money. Every time I go to send money, it says they need a quick security check. Every time I choose a “text” I do not recieve it. When I choose “call” on the other hand, it goes straight to a screen which says “sorry, we can’t verify it’s you” without even giving me a call. This is very frustrating as it was working fine a few days ago. I have metro pcs as my carrier, hope that helps. Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Login to Me Too
255 REPLIES 255

Stanpiper
This solution doesn’t work - how do we fix this?
Login to Me Too

vvadimm
Contributor
Contributor

This is not solution

Login to Me Too

zampeta
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same issue. My telephone company says if it is not charged then it has to arrive to my mobile but it never receives it. It is very frustating.

Login to Me Too

jefrisiahaan07
New Community Member
I didn't get SMS verification too, already talk to provider and it's normal. So this is PayPal issue
Login to Me Too

2uperuser
Contributor
Contributor
Had the same problem. Just discovered that cache and data of Android Messaging App was the root of the problem. Simply go to Message app info (or app settings) and clear both data and cache storage.
Login to Me Too

willzheng7
Same problem here. Not receiving any code in my email and phone. Click “resend” make no difference
Login to Me Too

Swotty67
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry guys but no...

The onus is not on us to jump through hoops  -  the onus is on them to ensure easy verification if they want to provide a worthwhile service...there's a thought...?!!!

Login to Me Too

tgb1963
Contributor
Contributor
mine has been working for months and now stopped working. I receive numerous verifications by texts from other accounts so it can’t be anything to do with my mobile service provider ?
Login to Me Too

muhammad_ahmer
Contributor
Contributor
I am facing the same problem from Last week. I called a my mobile Company as well. I changed my number as well but still not able to receive any otp. Kindly resolve the issue.
Login to Me Too

KashSingh
New Community Member

I am in Malaysia. My credit card has expired and Paypal has been messaging me to update my card. I want to do that but the verification SMS is not getting through. LOL
I have no problems receiving text messages from any other sources including short numbers so obviously the problem is with Paypal. And obviously it's because Paypal is using a substandard bulk text message provider/system.

I'll try a few more times before giving up on Paypal and moving to other payment solutions permanently. Cheers

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.