Not receiving payment

Dooj
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to conduct a private sale of an item and I was contacted by a tent who requested I open a PayPal account to allow him to pay me. I duly did so and sent him my email address to allow him to conduct the transaction. It is now 6hrs later and no money or balance has shown up, yet the buyer is insisting he has done the transaction.

AM I BEING SCAMMED.,.....................Help

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dooj 

READ THIS SCAM AND SEE IF IT FITS.

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dooj 

READ THIS SCAM AND SEE IF IT FITS.

SCAM.

They encourage you to accept a 'direct' Paypal payment and may ask you to send the item internationally.
No funds or activity of the transaction shows in your Paypal account and any emails 'may' go into your junk or spam folders.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't because they don't actually have a Paypal account and have no intention of paying you.
It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.
They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.
Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dooj
Contributor
Contributor

I will eagerly await this fake email, as it will confirm my fears, or the money will show up. Thanks

Login to Me Too

hash3
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

I had this issue and am in the process of it. I received the fake email and did unfortunately fall for it. I thus sent a very valuable bag and haven't received my payment. What do i do! I sent the fake email to spoof@paypal.com and have attempted countless times to report it to Paypal of this fraudulent buyer however they have not helped whatsoever, I cannot even start a case!

I really need help and advice as it's £2000 on the line!

Thank you for your time

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@hash3 

Sorry but what has paypal got to do with it?

None of the transaction was done using paypals site and no money was ever sent using paypal.

You fell for fake / spoof emails by the sound of it.

You should never send an item until the funds are showing in your paypal account balance.

I suggest you contact your postage courier asap and see if they can stop the leaving the country as i suspect it was probably an international sale?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.