Not being able to issue a refund while account have more than enough balance. please help

xottt
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, i'm trying to issue a refund with no success. I got more money than the initial payment but every time I try to refund the payment it gives me an error saying "You don’t have sufficient balance to complete this refund.", can anybody please tell me what's going on? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Ricky_Tang
Contributor
Contributor
Contact PayPal and they will help you with that. You have a few options, chat, phone, email. Good luck
Login to Me Too

xottt
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there and thanks for answering. The issue is that it's not possible to contact PayPal atm. I can't find their phone number either an email address to contact them. any idea?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xottt 

Refunds are normally sourced from either a paypal balance OR bank account (some countries differ).
However you need to have the full amount of the refund in your balance for that option to be used.

As paypal no longer return the fee you were charged when your buyer paid then you may not have the full amount and so your bank account will be used instead.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.