Not a seller just a recipient

Drleon
New Community Member

I have been using Paypal for awhile with no problems until I sent a request for payment the other day. Payment was made and Paypal put a 21 day hold on it, saying I am a new seller and I need to provide tracking #'s. I'm not selling anything! I did a job for someone and I want to get paid. How do I change my status and get paid right away?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

rnatividad
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Drleon 

This type of hold is applied for payments for goods and services. Although you weren't selling anything, you still got paid for services you rendered and it was therefore subjected to the hold. 

Now the fastest way for the payment to be available on your account is for your client(sender) to confirm that they have already received the services paid for. You can send them the content of this Help Center article to follow. Please note that this option is not available on the app, so they will have to do this on a browser like Google Chrome or Safari. Once the client confirms receipt, the money will be available on your account immediately. 

Hope this helps. All the best! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.