Not Receiving Most Payment Notifications

PilgrimUK
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All.

I used to get 'Notification Of Instant Payment Received' emails, maybe an occasional one never arrived.

Now, I am not getting many at all, probably 3 or 4 in total make it.

I have not changed anything in my account. I just suddenly stopped receiving most of them.

I did recently change my email and is the only one on record. They came for a good few weeks to the new address though before the problem started. I highlighted the option to also have them coming to my mobile so I would at least know I had one. Unfortunately, not one of them ones are getting though.

They are all eBay sales. 

I posted a message to the message centre in my account but has just been closed after 2 days but I didn't get an answer.

Anyone had it happen before? Any clues how to fix it please?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Mejoare
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @PilgrimUK ,

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

It is good to hear that you are using the email notification feature, I agree it is very useful. You may check if any setting has been change or have this corrected by going to Settings > click Notifications > set your preferred notifications from there. Check this link to know more. 

If you have a separate Business account and you would like to check it. You can go to Seller Tools page in you Account Settings > click Update next to Instant Payment Notifications > make sure that it is enabled. 

Hope this helps! Stay safe.

Login to Me Too

PilgrimUK
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the answer, but it isn't anything I can do my end.

I am getting SOME notifications but a lot are going missing. An occasional one does come in about 2 days late.

It started working properly just after posting my original message, but it started again a few days ago.

Most of my notifications go astray. My email provider say it isn't them; it can't be, as I also do not get any notifications to my mobile which is selected to send to.

Login to Me Too

mrwizzer
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever find a resolution to your problem, Pilgrim?  I'm having the same issue. Very frustrating not to have some way to resolve such an important issue.  It may be time to find an alternative to Paypal.

Login to Me Too

PilgrimUK
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately not.

It seemed to sort itself out for months as I didn't have any issues.

It reared its ugly head again a few days ago.

I didn't even get them late, they simply never appeared.

I started getting them again a day or so ago, but not the ones that went missing.

I don't think it is an accident that you seem to be having the same problem at the same time.

Is there some sort of bug or problem that PayPal choose not to post about?

I only use it for eBay though and managed payments will be here soon anyway so will hopefully sort these problems.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.