Non payment

Quite1
I sold some goods on Paypal I received notice that the money had been paid into my PayPal account so I posted the goods but never got my money, spoke to customer service who informed me that I might have been scammed. I have been trying to get someone to look into this but nothing just pushed round and round in circles no one will take responsibility
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Quite1

Sounds like you have been scammed. Some folks will make fake PayPal email confirmation and tell you they've paid but you really haven't and they rely on you to not check your account or believe it is some PayPal hold (funds will show if you were really paid even though PayPal holds it) and ship the item. If PayPal themselves told you no payment is showing for your account, then you have not been paid. You can certainly try to intercept the package with your postal service if that service is available but if not then yeah, you were scammed.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Quite1

As none of the transaction would have been done using paypals site then there is nothing paypal can do for you unfortunately.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.
Paypal do not tell you to send trackable, they advise it for selling protection but it is not compulsory.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.