Non Canadian funds

shibasue
Contributor
Contributor

Can my US relatives send money to my PayPal account in Canada?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shibasue 

Yes, probably best if they send in CAD rather than USD though. (unless you are happy to accept USD?).

You would need to have added it as a receiving currency on your Canadian paypal account though.

Tell them to go to send money > put in your email address > select the friends/family option > select the currency of CAD from the drop down list > put in the amount > then they select a funding source, check and pay. Before they click to send it will show them how much will be deducted from their funding source in USD.

1. Make sure they 'fund' the payment via their bank account and NOT a card so that there is no fee (apart from currency conversion).

2. Get them to treble check the email address because if they make an error and it gets to someone else then they may not get it back as they sent a gift payment and not a payment for goods/services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shibasue 

Yes, probably best if they send in CAD rather than USD though. (unless you are happy to accept USD?).

You would need to have added it as a receiving currency on your Canadian paypal account though.

Tell them to go to send money > put in your email address > select the friends/family option > select the currency of CAD from the drop down list > put in the amount > then they select a funding source, check and pay. Before they click to send it will show them how much will be deducted from their funding source in USD.

1. Make sure they 'fund' the payment via their bank account and NOT a card so that there is no fee (apart from currency conversion).

2. Get them to treble check the email address because if they make an error and it gets to someone else then they may not get it back as they sent a gift payment and not a payment for goods/services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

shibasue
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks so much for the great information. Big help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.