No option for seller to cancel pending eCheque from customer

Disgruntled99
Contributor
Contributor

As per the title, there is no option for a seller to cancel a pending eCheque payment sent by a customer. 

The PayPal documentation is useless and out of date. Frankly, it is appalling. 

The option to cancel used to be visible on the transaction page itself, but now it is non existent. 

A banner did actually popup inviting me to switch back to the old PayPal design, so I did that, and the cancel option was visible but does not work. 

So how can it be done?

PayPal's incompetent interface is resulting in irate customers pinning the blame for in-action on sellers. It's not on. Everything is an up-hill struggle with PayPal. For goodness sake, if you're going to totally revamp the customer interface, at least have the decency to update the documentation.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

why do you want to cancel a pending e check?

If Paypal or rather Paypal's bank has started to collect the money for you,it is going thru ACH which is operated by Fed Reserve Bank,assuming there is no NSF in your buyer account,then it will deposit the money in Paypal account,then Paypal will desposit in   y our  account,it will take a few days.

Paypal is not a bank.

if you sell on a venue and accept PAYPAL,there is no way to stop anyone from using e check,yu wont know until Paypal tells you 

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

the only way to stop echeck is to have your own merchant account,then all your buyers have to use debit/credit cards.

Login to Me Too

Disgruntled99
Contributor
Contributor

Sellers have always had the ability to cancel eCheques. For example: 

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Refunds-and-cancellations/cancel-echeque/m-p/669141#M16962

But now, contrary to all PayPal documentation, community answers and my own 10+ year experience as a business customer, the option is not visible.

I am not trying to stop customers paying with eCheque - I simply want to cancel an eCheque. It should not be this difficult to perform such a basic action.

Login to Me Too

phoebebp
New Community Member
Totally agree, and the issue appears to still be unresolved, leaving sellers at the mercy of the customer and their ability to navigate the unhelpful PayPal interface
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.