No option displayed to purchase using established bank account (preferred payment option)

palpitations
New Community Member

PayPal is intermittently not presenting me the option to use my well-established, preferred (and well funded) bank account payment method that I've used for PayPal purchases in the past. PayPal would ONLY let me proceed by adding a credit card (which I didn't want to do but had to do so). I use PayPal so I don't HAVE to use a credit card. Even after adding a card (I thought they might just have wanted a backup option), PayPal still wouldn't display my preferred bank payment option for the purchase. No indication of WHY I couldn't make the purchase without a credit card and Support could not tell me anything useful. The company I was purchasing from said they do not insist on credit card payments - they offer credit card AND PayPal on their purchase site. PayPal Support suggested waiting 48 hrs. I had already done that and why would that make any difference? I can't get ANY information about why my preferred purchase method is not displayed - especially when previous transactions have gone through just fine. Note: My account is well funded and has never had a problem before. If some kind of fraud protection is triggering, it would be most helpful if Support could give SOME kind of information about what happened and ways to resolve the issue. PayPal customers are left wondering if a transaction will ever go through. I mentioned to Support that as frustrated customer, it feels like PayPal should have some new tag lines... "PayPal - It might work and it might not but you'll never know when and won't be able to find out why. Good luck!" or "PayPal - Just don't EXPECT it to work. It's a surprise." Any suggestions from the Community about how to resolve this situation? Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@palpitations 

Have you ever had a failed bank transfer or a negative paypal balance for whatever reason?

is your direct debit mandate (if you have that in your country) still showing for paypal in your online banking?

does your bank account still show in your paypal WALLET? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.