No feedback buyer PayPal address in PayPal is different.

Tigertoes0785
Contributor
Contributor

I am actually trying to find an answer for my husband who has accepted a best offer from a buyer with zero feedback. I told him as long as he pays there should be no problem. He did pay but because he had zero feedback my husband checked the address and found the address and post code did not match. The post code given was a different address although in the same county 10 miles apart. So he has contacted the buyer who has altered the address to match the post code and asked him to send to this address. the address which is not the one listed in PayPal. We have asked him to update PayPal to the right address but because he has already paid will it notify us of a change of address as if my husband sends the parcel worth £30 to the address in PayPal it won’t get there.

my husband now wants to give him a refund but he listed in a £1 listing which he won’t be able to relist on now and he will probably have to pay fees won’t he?

help not sure best route to go here. 

Anne-Marie

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tigertoes0785 

Updating the PayPal shipping address post payment will not change the shipping address on the payment. It is locked in. Cancel the eBay order as Problem with buyer shipping address if that reason option is available. Don't know what to tell you about the £1 listing and how the listing can't be re-listed. When you refund with a UK based PayPal account, you do get the variable rate portion back unless the policies have changed. You can get eBay fees back after once buyer is refunded.

Read this to follow the proper cancelation process OR click Call Us at the bottom to ask eBay on how to handle this situation:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/cancelling-transaction?id=4136

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tigertoes0785 

Updating the PayPal shipping address post payment will not change the shipping address on the payment. It is locked in. Cancel the eBay order as Problem with buyer shipping address if that reason option is available. Don't know what to tell you about the £1 listing and how the listing can't be re-listed. When you refund with a UK based PayPal account, you do get the variable rate portion back unless the policies have changed. You can get eBay fees back after once buyer is refunded.

Read this to follow the proper cancelation process OR click Call Us at the bottom to ask eBay on how to handle this situation:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/selling/getting-paid/cancelling-transaction?id=4136

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.